Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Business IT Operations at Elanco is a “global and virtual” organization focused on enabling the Office of the CIO through the VMO (Vendor Management Office), PMO (Program Management Office), Enterprise IT processes, Financial & HC Management, IT Communications & Change Management; as well driving M&A & Strategic Initiatives.
The IT Process Optimization Lead is responsible for coordinating enterprise and IT processes to ensure overall alignment and optimization of standard ways of working.
As Elanco continues to mature as a larger, independent company, more business processes are being established and changed because of our growth. At the same time, stabilization of the newly created IT Operating Model will require significant optimization. This role will drive workforce unity and operational excellence by helping define, measure, and improve processes and performance within IT. The IT Process Optimization lead will partner closely with the IT OCM Lead to communicate changes and process improvements during this critical time of growth and maturity for Elanco.
Key Role Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Leverage process knowledge to integrate enterprise, IT, and functional processes
- Provide expertise in process optimization and process creation
- Update documentation and SOPs to support training and learning plans
- Coordinate, track, connect, and drive the adoption of the enterprise and IT processes within IT
- Establish continuous improvement and serve as an advisor of best practices
- The role will be responsible for coordinating, leading, and supporting process improvement and cross-functional projects, initiatives, and collaborations across IT.
- Establishing control plans and monitoring appropriate metrics to validate project results are achieved and track improvements.
- Assists with the IT Playbook and its continued maturation
- Partner with stakeholders and other support teams to ensure scope of business processes and IT processes are connected, streamlined, and not siloed and decentralized.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision
- Owns the creation and on-going maintenance of an Enterprise IT scorecard with defined metrics and KPIs to showcase IT’s process performance
- Solicits feedback from stakeholders to determine the success of the IT Enterprise Processes and Operating model; based on feedback drives optimization initiatives to eliminate bureaucracy.
- Strong data analytics skills to support root cause analysis and business justifications
- Master’s Degree with 4+ years or Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience in Operations, Continuous Improvement, Quality and/or Lean with demonstrated proficiency with Project Leadership and Change Management methods/tools
- 4+ years of experience with demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate diverse cross-functional teams
- Six Sigma Black belt certification
- MS Office (Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in process creation and optimization within IT
- Highly energetic & self-driven, motivated to succeed.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
- Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse teams across the globe
- Proficient in Information Technology and terminologies
- High empathy and relationship building skills
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- 5 years of project management experience
- Demonstrated experience in IT Project Management, DMAIC, and Lean
- Other industry certification (e.g., PMP, APICS, CPIM, etc.)
- Fixed Duration: This position is for a period of 3 years with the potential to convert to a Full Time or extend up to a maximum of 4 years.
- Worker Type: Flexible = work does not require a specific location or specialized equipment and can work successfully and productively across an ecosystem of different locations to support convenience, functionality, flexibility, and well-being. Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time
- 5% of travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status