Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
This role will own the IT operations and enablement of Elanco’s digital strategy for Elanco’s Farm Animal Health Commercial Business in the USA & Canada Affiliate.
Reporting to the NA Commercial, Site Operations IT Director, you will ensure the Elanco IT capabilities and tools supporting the Commercial processes are deployed, adopted and cultivated within the North American region focusing on the Farm Business Functions, like Beef, Dairy, Swine, Poultry, US EKS and Distribution Chain. You will ensure strong partnership with business stakeholders as well as with the Elanco IT functions, like Business Relationship Management, Solution Ops. and others to guarantee effective and efficient delivery according to the business needs and standards. You will also be the primary liaison to the IT Solution Ops team with a focus on Veeva CRM solution.
Site Operations IT is at the heart of the global IT organization ensuring the ‘rubber hits the road’ on Elanco’s growing digital investments positioned on modern IT architecture. The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Own local IT engagement and business relationships.
- Drive services specific to North America sites/affiliates to meet unique local business needs.
- Drive local coordination to support local site/affiliate project needs.
- Own proper operation, configuration and updates of selected business processes & IT systems
IT partner for Farm Animal as IT Business Integration:
- IT point of contact for Farm Animal business partners
- Build relationships and engage with Farm Animal business partners that allow IT to effectively deliver services and new solutions to meet business needs.
- Deeply understand business scenarios and capabilities leveraged in the commercial Farm Animal & Distribution Channel business areas.
- Advance the business capabilities with proactive proposals on how to create value with the customer or with internal productivity.
- Ensure strong partnership with the Elanco IT functions, like Business Relationship Management, Solution Ops, Tech Ops and others to guarantee effective and efficient delivery according to the business needs and standards.
Business Process and Requirements:
- Develop knowledge of business processes for assigned business areas; Consult with business partners and management to provide solutions and information in response to the business needs.
- Capture business requirements and partner with internal and external solution providers to determine the best recommendation.
- Assess potential applications or apply existing application footprint to the needed scenario.
- Plan local implementation activities for globally driven solutions and services, including identification of funding source.
- Drive coordination of local projects, including on-site IT services
- Define and monitor the changes to Global tools, assess how those changes will impact the North American business areas.
- Ensure proper change management, communicate to business stakeholders all IT changes to processes, tools, applications, hardware & upgrades.
Consulting and ongoing business support
- Ensure proper IT engagement model with the business
- Responsibility for Sales Force Excellence, Field Sales, Technical Veterinary Consultants, Marketing consultation for internal processes, new projects & troubleshooting
- Ensure (accountable for) proper operation, configuration and updates of selected business processes, especially CRM capabilities
- Deliver the consulting to the business including driving new initiatives and leveraging highly important Veeva CRM tool
- Coordinate multiple delivery units (internal, external)
- Participate and contribute to business projects (e.g. new product launch, new business capability, process improvement or automation)
- Identifies and manages local vendor for site specific projects
- Manages compliance and validation of local services. Follow all company policies and procedures, e.g., GPP established standards (procedure, guidelines, training) and Privacy guidelines; Strong understanding of Quality Standards and Practices or equivalent procedures
- Bachelor degree in computer sciences or a related technical discipline or business, sales & marketing
- Solid experience in the implementation and support of IT solutions
- Solid experience in the business engagement
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Proven track record of building strong business partnerships through the course of working toward common goals. Can drive an agenda in a business facing role.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, translate and articulate business and technical requirements
- Understanding of commercial business organization and its key processes
- Deep understanding of CRM processes and Veeva CRM
- Experience with standard IT technologies and solutions used by business Commercial organizations
- Experience and Knowledge in sales and marketing processes and technologies, for instance Customer Relationship Management, Order Management, Digital Marketing, Marketing Automation, Reporting and Analytics systems…
- Project Management/Coordination as well as Requirements Definition skills
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, and being an effective team member or business partner
- Persistent attention to detail and a high sense of ownership and commitment.
- Strong problem-solving and overcoming complexity skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Strong teamwork and self-management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working on projects involving 300+ users
- Experience with Animal Health industry – will be an advantage
Worker Type: Flexible = Flexible workers are expected to come on-site about half the time
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status