Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Elanco is transforming our data and information landscape to become a company that is more data-driven than ever before. Across the G&A functions including Finance, HR, Legal, Corporate Affairs, and Ethics & Compliance, there is a clear focus on working with new source systems, processes, and datasets to ensure that we have the right data available to both run and transform our business through better reporting and analytics.
This G&A Data Domain Leader position will be a key role in the enterprise DataOps team which is responsible for transforming Elanco into a data-driven company through a dedicated focus on data architecture, engineering, and analytics. A key objective of this role will be to partner with BRM and G&A leaders and stakeholders to define, prioritize, and deliver a roadmap of both functional and enterprise data products in support of operational reporting needs and to drive advanced analytics. In this role, the Domain lead will also partner closely with enterprise data architects and peers within DataOps to identify and implement global capabilities and deliver data solutions in alignment with Elanco’s enterprise reference architecture and engineering framework.
G&A Data Domain Leadership
- Partner across Finance, HR, Legal, and Ethics & Compliance stakeholders to develop an integrated data strategy for maximizing value derived from internal data assets
- Collaborate with business partners and work within team to identify, scope, and execute analytic efforts to answer business questions, solve business needs, and drive insights for Elanco.
- Maintain a holistic view of the functional data landscape and drive the adoption of data by identifying use cases across Elanco G&A and other enterprise data assets.
- Align data products and pipelines with the enterprise data strategy and architecture.
- Design scalable data pipelines that will ingest, transform, and distribute numerous data streams and batches in support of key initiatives. Partner with DataOps Engineering and/or implementation suppliers to deliver production pipelines.
- Support and collaborate with Data Scientists developing advanced machine learning and statistical models.
- Participate as a data lead on multi-functional research and IT teams; Prototype, test and learn, and plan the design and integration of workflows applied to a G&A data.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements opportunity by automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome technical incidents, complex problems and/or realize opportunities.
- Be accountable for contributing to business plan and financial forecasting based on data portfolio.
- Engage with G&A leaders on due diligence, proof-of-concepts, and exploratory work to assess partnership and/or new business opportunities.
- Actively engage in the external pharma and animal health science and technology ecosystem in seeking out advances and modern approaches for advanced analytics in the G&A space.
- Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology in the data space, guiding IT and the business partners on how to interpret and best leverage innovative technologies.
- Collaborate with DataOps enterprise architects to contribute to the enterprise design and delivery of efficient data solution architectures, automation and technology choices starting from experimentation through proof of concept and delivery.
- Proactively engage with the IT community (internally and externally) across multiple channels, looking to share, represent, educate, and inspire.
- Serve as a coach for IT Data Analysts/Engineers to advance individuals’ technical acumen.
- Establish strong partnerships with key service providers, helping to ensure technical competency and architecture alignment.
- B.S. in Information Systems/Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in architecting and delivering integrated data solutions
- 3+ years of experience with ERP and financial reporting
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position
- Finance Business Knowledge in General Accounting, Taxation, Treasury and Financial Planning and Reporting.
- Proven track record in leading and delivering on complex data projects
- Expertise in data management, information integration and analytics practices and capabilities.
- Experience working with modern data architecture and engineering methodologies (Domain driven data architecture, Scalable data pipelines, DataOps (CI/CD), API-Centric Design, SQL/NoSQL, FAIR data principles, etc.)
- Exposure to projects supporting development of data pipelines and data products using Azure storage, search, catalog, API management, and data processing & analytics services such as Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Synapse, and PowerBI.
- Proven track record as a coach and/or mentor in developing technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work effectively within a team.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status