Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Legal IP paralegal role to handle US focused activities for strategic brand protection initiatives, include anti-counterfeiting, education, IP litigation support, Virtual Patent Marking workflows, basic legal agreements, data integrity and cost management. This role will liaise with leaders of other key corporate functions and will report to the Director of Legal Operations and interface directly with the Global IP Legal Team.
- Coordinate and implement global brand protection strategies with responsible IP legal attorneys and business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain good working and cohesive relationships with business stakeholders in marketing, sales, communications, quality, procurement and global security
- Coordinate and implement anti-counterfeit enforcement action support with responsible IP legal attorneys
- Coordinate, and implement IP litigation support of IP legal attorneys
- Facilitate and implement contract drafting and negotiation support of CDAs, MTAs, Research Agreements for R&D team
- Assist IP legal attorneys with IP innovation and enforcement education for business clients
- Assist IP legal attorneys with bi-annual review/update of virtual patent marking (VPM) as requested
- Monitor, audit and improve data integrity within contract/IP management software tools- Facilitate and implement payment obligations for all Elanco IP assets, coordinating with IP legal team members to support payment activities
- Coordinate with IP legal team members to support forecasting and budget planning activities
- Facilitate, manage, and implement IP invoicing activities
- Develop and maintain good working and cohesive relationships with business stakeholders in tax and accounting
- Coordinate with tax and accounting to manage patent associated royalty payments
- Monitor, audit and improve data integrity within financial management software tools
- 6 years’ experience as paralegal
- Experience in contract drafting and negotiations, anti-counterfeit matters, litigation support, education and training, and animal health industry
- Fluency in English is required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- This role may be worked from the U.S. or another Country where Elanco has presence.
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- 2 years’ experience in-house
- Paralegal certificate
- Additional languages beyond English are helpful
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status