Co-Alliance Cooperative is a modern partnership of local agricultural and energy cooperatives with community roots established in the 1920s. We are a service-oriented company, and we seek to make our customers’ lives easier by being their local resource for the services and products we offer. We also serve our communities and employees by creating a vibrant, positive environment that adds to their quality of life.
Position Overview: Our goal is to create a program that is an excellent learning experience for anyone interested in marketing and agriculture leadership between the months of May through August. The internship will be tailored to the interests of the intern and experience level to maximize the learning experience. It will be an opportunity to make money while having more than just an average summer internship. This program will also allow Co-Alliance to evaluate potential employees and develop a talent pool in which to hire from in an increasingly competitive job market. Your experience as an intern will be catered to your interests and strengths. The internships we have to offer will be a hands-on real world working experiences. As with all our internships the interns will contribute to the success of the department in which he/she is assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represent Co-Alliance externally, enhancing our brand image and market presence
- Schedule and organize classroom/conference visits to introduce and recruit for SEED
- Build strong communication skills with and relationships with FFA advisors and guidance counselors
- Create and update a with FFA advisor and guidance counselor database
- Manage SEED mentors, equipping them with leadership tools to champion this project
- Develop and integrate SEED calendar that aligns with successful launches and implementations
- Manage SOWing Seeds day, from invitations to execution of the day’s agenda
- Hire, onboard, and manage timelines for all SEED participants
- Create and implement a long-term plan to expand the SEED program to continue to fill talent positions within the cooperative
- Foster valuable relationships with Indiana FFA Foundation, Ohio FFA, Ohio FFA Works and State Officers.
- Amplify Co-Alliance FFA State Convention experience
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Have a passion for agriculture education and leadership
- Enjoy being creative and detail oriented
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be personable and outgoing at public encounters
- Ability to lead, motivate a group of people at various locations