As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Driven by the quickening pace of innovation, Elanco IT must continue to evolve, proactively partnering to create new value through innovative digital products, services, and insights, that unlock new digital business models and power new types of customer engagement.
Equally important, Elanco IT must enable a secure, reliable, and efficient IT ecosystem, supporting all business functions, including Operational Technology (OT).
Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) remain an important part of the Elanco business strategy. The sale of Bayer Animal Health to Elanco in 2020 strengthened and accelerated the Elanco Innovation, Portfolio, and Productivity (IPP) strategy, creating second largest animal health leader by global revenue.
This Information Security Integration Advisor role, is primarily focused on the completion of the Bayer Animal Health integration, supporting a roadmap of activities throughout 2022 and early-2023, including the migration of multiple manufacturing sites.
Outside of the Bayer Animal Health integration, the role is responsible for the creation and maintenance of reusable methodologies and frameworks to protect the security posture of future Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs).
The role sits at the intersection of business and technology, requiring a robust understanding of Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs), manufacturing and quality, GxP regulations/guidelines, and technical controls, as well as a proven record of enterprise delivery.
Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs)
- Understand industry best practices and frameworks that apply to Elanco, with an appreciation for Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) and Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q).
- Analyze and evaluate Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) processes, identifying opportunities to optimize performance and continuously evolve the company towards the desired future state.
- Partner with IT, Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q) and the Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) project team(s) to deliver the Bayer Animal Health integration roadmap.
- Responsible for the adoption of Elanco Information Security Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) materials, such as reference processes, principles, standards, policies, controls, etc.
- Serve on various forums (e.g., Information Security / MADs / Project Lead Teams) to analyze activities to ensure they are technological sound, will do no harm, and will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Recognize the value of emerging technologies and practices with the potential to leap forward in cybersecurity capabilities.
- Partner with the Bayer Animal Health Integration Lead and Director of Global Process Automation to lead steering committee meetings, executive updates, etc.
- Ensure agreed best practices are implemented by reviewing and approving changes to Policies, Standards, and Changes impacting Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) and the Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q) environment.
- Define and monitor metrics to assess the overall value/maturity of cybersecurity investments.
- Serve as a key thought leader across Elanco, helping to maximize the value of Information Security and IT.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realize opportunities.
- Bring an external and innovation focus to Elanco IT, specifically Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) and Manufacturing & Quality (M&Q).
- Leverage external relationships, standards, and consortia to shape industry and Elanco-specific approaches to Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs) Information Security.
- Establish strong relationships with current and future strategic vendors, specifically vendors supporting Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs).
- Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology directions, threat, and countermeasures, guide the organization on how to interpret and best leverage emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity and/or Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience leading/supporting large, complex Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures (MADs).
- 3+ years of experience working with Industrial control system cybersecurity frameworks, such as IEC62443 and NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering technology solutions in highly regulated industries.
- 3+ years of experience working with public cloud architecture (Azure, GCP, O365, SFDC, etc.)
- Experience defining and executing large-scale strategic plans.
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of OT, IT and third parties.
- Expertise working in complex, diverse landscapes (business, technology, regulatory, partners, providers, geographies).
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and self-manage.
Occasional travel may be required.