As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Driven by the quickening pace of innovation, Elanco IT must continue to evolve, proactively partnering to create new value through innovative digital products, services, and insights, that unlock new digital business models and power new types of customer engagement.
Equally important, Elanco IT must enable a secure, reliable, and efficient IT ecosystem, supporting all business functions, including Operational Technology (OT).
The Information Security Architect role is responsible for the design, implementation, and adoption of risk-based information security controls, covering enterprise IT, specifically infrastructure, applications, and data assets.
The role requires a close partnership with Delivery/Ops teams, as well as the Elanco Architecture/Engineering Community, contributing towards the creation and maintenance of architecture assets, including technical controls.
The role requires technical depth and breadth, with a proven record of enterprise delivery and engineering-level experience designing and supporting a modern Hybrid Multi-Cloud architecture.
- Understand industry best practices and frameworks that apply to Elanco.
- Analyze and evaluate business and IT capabilities, identifying opportunities to optimize performance and continuously evolve the company towards the desired future state.
- Partner with Delivery/Ops teams and the Elanco Architecture Community, engaging Business Process, Solution, Data, Domain, and Information Security architects where required.
- Responsible for the creation of Elanco Information Security architecture materials, such as reference architecture, processes, principles, standards, policies, controls, etc.
- Partner with Information Security architecture team to establish and embed architecture roadmaps, including prioritisation, three-year outlook, and investments.
- Serve on various forums (e.g., Architecture Review Board) to analyse projects, programs, and products to ensure they are technological sound, will do no harm, and will deliver the expected outcomes.
- Recognize the value of emerging technologies and practices with the potential to leap forward in cybersecurity capabilities for manufacturing and lab environments.
- Partner with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Executive Director of TechOps (Infrastructure), and Executive Director of SolutionOps (Application/Data) to establish a culture of security across Delivery/Ops.
- Ensure agreed best practices are implemented by reviewing and approving changes to Policies, Standards, and Changes impacting enterprise IT.
- Define and monitor metrics to assess the overall value/maturity of cybersecurity investments.
- Serve as a key thought leader across Elanco, helping to maximize the value of Information Security and IT.
- Where required, deep dive key initiatives to help overcome major incidents, complex problems and/or realise opportunities.
- Bring an external and innovation focus to Elanco IT, specifically Secure by Design and Zero Trust.
- Leverage external relationships, standards, and consortia to shape industry and Elanco-specific approaches to Information Security architecture.
- Establish strong relationships with current and future strategic vendors, specifically Information Security vendors.
- Represent the work of IT externally, positioning Elanco as an industry thought leader.
- Actively build and stay abreast of emerging technology directions, threat, and countermeasures, guide the organization on how to interpret and best leverage emerging technologies.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience in technology leadership, managing and advancing complex, global environments.
- 3+ years of experience working with Hybrid Multi-Cloud, specifically Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, VMware, HashiCorp Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- 3+ years of experience across application, data, containerization, virtualization, operating systems, networks, storage, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, and client computing.
- 3+ years of experience working with software-defined architecture, including CI/CD pipelines (Git, GitHub Actions).
- 3+ years of experience designing and delivering technology solutions in highly regulatory environments.
- 3+ years of experience working with Cybersecurity frameworks, such as the NIST Cyber Security Framework.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
- Experience defining and executing large-scale strategic plans.
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of OT, IT and third parties.
- Expertise working in complex, diverse landscapes (business, technology, regulatory, partners, providers, geographies).
- Experience working with and influencing industry interests.
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and self-manage.