Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.
Gain invaluable exposure and hands-on experience during this 10-12 week paid internship at one of our biofuels or grains and oilseeds facilities. As an intern you will apply your academic learning and problem-solving skills to real-world challenges while collaborating and building relationships with experts in the industry.
LDC Industrial Interns will contribute to the success of their assigned facility by contributing to challenging and impactful projects. Project topics will be variable but can include assisting with planning and execution of shutdowns, planning and preparing for CapEx projects, and/or environmental projects. A capstone presentation is given to Industrial Leadership at the conclusion of the internship.
We are looking for:
• Junior or Senior year college students who will graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Safety, Agriculture Mechanization, Agriculture Systems Technology, or Agricultural Engineering.
• Prior internship or work experience in manufacturing.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Individuals who possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing tasks.
• Must be available for 12-week assignment.
• Must be willing to relocate as necessary.
• Various locations in U.S. and Canada – must be open to relocation.
• Industrial environment – working at heights, stair climbing, conﬁned spaces, varying temperatures, grain dust. Personal Protective Equipment is provided & required.
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
– Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision care coverage, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
– 401k with Company Match
– Family Friendly Benefits including childbirth and parental leave, fertility and family building benefits
– Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
– Hybrid work available (not applicable to all roles)
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
Louis Dreyfus Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us