As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
At Elanco (NYSE: ELAN) – it all starts with animals!
As a global leader in animal health, we are dedicated to innovating and delivering products and services to prevent and treat disease in farm animals and pets. We’re driven by our vision of ‘Food and Companionship Enriching Life’ and our approach to sustainability – the Elanco Healthy Purpose™ – to advance the health of animals, people, the planet and our enterprise.
At Elanco, we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is the driving force behind innovation, creativity, and overall business success. Here, you’ll be part of a company that values and champions new ways of thinking, work with dynamic individuals, and acquire new skills and experiences that will propel your career to new heights.
Making animals’ lives better makes life better – join our team today!
Your Role: Health, Safety, and Environment Intern
As a Health, Safety, and Environment Intern, you will deliver a solution to a Health, Safety, and Environment project to create a site that encompasses safety culture and/or environment concerns while producing products that lead to food and companionship enriching life.
- Understand the safety and environmental considerations in the pharmaceutical industry
- Work within cross-functional teams to implement a project that improves the safety culture within the Clinton Laboratories and Terre Haute manufacturing sites
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Currently enrolled in Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental or Safety Management or other related engineering fields, with a focus on Industrial Hygiene
- Effective communication skills appropriate at all levels within the organization and work as a team member with stakeholders from different organizations within Elanco
- High degree of business and personal ethics and integrity. Practices and earns trust and mutual respect
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Under general supervision, will assist with various industrial hygiene projects based on site specific needs to ensure site compliance with regulatory standards.
- Conduct and/or verify Qualitative Exposure Assessments (QEA) and apply professional judgement to define/document employee exposure conclusions.
- Conduct quantitative and/or semi-quantitative air and noise monitoring studies according to site IH Monitoring Plan.
- Conduct Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) surveys to verify effectiveness of LEV systems. These surveys may include the use of a velometer or smoke- generating devices.
- Communicate workplace hazards to employees and management and influence change when necessary.
- Travel: 0%
- Location: Clinton Manufacturing Plant – Clinton, IN
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Elanco we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don’t necessarily meet every requirement, we encourage you o apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or other roles!
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is designed to provide students with experiences! Internships are project based and comprised of business-critical needs. All interns have the opportunity to significantly impact Elanco’s success over the summer and kickstart a career that counts.
- Internship Dates: May 20th – August 9th (12 Weeks)
- Competitive salary: $19-$37/hour (dependent upon major and year in school)
- Networking events
- Assigned mentors
- Professional development opportunities
- Optional all-inclusive housing for $150 per week (for Greenfield and Clinton interns) or a $4000 housing stipend (for all other manufacturing sites and Sales interns)
- Full time roles or additional internships for interns with outstanding performance
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status