Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 15,000 people globally.
The program provides recent graduates with a well-rounded view of our dynamic business. Over the course of the two-year program, associates will:
• Gain ﬁrst-hand experience in every operational position within an industrial
• Work alongside engineering experts.
• Learn foundations of CapEx project planning and implementation.
• Enhance leadership skills by interacting with a diverse team of employees.
• Use state-of-the-art equipment/technology to contribute to projects within the areas of Maintenance, Processing, Safety/Health/Environment, Quality, Operations, and Commercial.
At LDC, we nurture and invest in ambitious and proactive trainees to help them become LDC leaders.
Program Structure: The successful candidate will complete two different 1-year assignments (4 rotations total) in various locations and departments, allowing for a well-rounded experience.
Job Locations: Various locations in Canada and the United States – must be open to relocation. Industrial environment – working at heights, stair climbing, conﬁned spaces, varying temperatures, grain dust. Personal Protective Equipment is provided & required.
How You Will Benefit:
- Gain Insight into LDC’s Diverse Businesses – Develop your leadership skills, deepen your understanding of the commodities industry, gain experience using state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and learn hands-on by shadowing seasoned professionals who are experts in the industry.
- Become a True Team Member – You will be immersed in our business from day one by participating in meetings, workshops, and projects – each designed to help you gain more familiarity with our culture and company values. You will also be eligible to enroll in beneﬁts and participate in the company’s 401k plan. We offer competitive pay and potential bonuses to our trainees.
- Expand Your Network – You will learn from and be mentored by LDC’s leaders in addition to building beneﬁcial relationships with employees from around the world.
- Career Development – The program prepares you to take on larger and more complex leadership roles within our industrial assets.
• Recent Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Safety, Agriculture Mechanization, Agriculture Systems Technology, or Agricultural Engineering
• Resourceful, creative, versatile, and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
• Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and have a genuine interest in learning about the agricultural industry
• Open to relocation both domestically and internationally
• Language skills are a plus
• Resilience, drive, and ability to adapt to rapid changes
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
– Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision care coverage, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
– 401k with Company Match
– Family Friendly Benefits including childbirth and parental leave, fertility and family building benefits
– Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
– Hybrid work available (not applicable to all roles)
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
Louis Dreyfus Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us