For more information or to apply submit letter of application and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Indiana Soybean Alliance, Inc.
8425 Keystone Crossing, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46240
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Consumer Outreach Manager DEPARTMENT: Marketing
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing Operations and Leadership FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATIONS
ISA is an Indianapolis based forward-thinking organization that works to benefit Indiana farmers, consumers, and stakeholders. Be a part of a team that works within the highest levels of agriculture. This position provides an opportunity to work with community organizations to share Indiana agriculture’s positive impact to our Hoosier neighbors.
The shared values of ISA are important to who we are as an organization and as professionals. ISA offers the following:
● PTO (sick, vacation and holidays), flexible hours, generous benefits plan, 401k and match and hybrid remote and in office work schedule. Additional company paid time off between Christmas and New Year.
● Travel and paid professional development opportunities.
● Stocked fridge and pantry, community give-back programs, employee recognition and fun company-sponsored events.
This position is responsible for marketing communications activities of Indiana Soybean Alliance (ISA) and the Indiana Corn Marketing Council (ICMC). This includes implementation of objectives and tactics of the Indiana Soybean Alliance and the Indiana Corn Marketing Council’s strategic plan in line with the approved budget and specific duties include partner collaboration, project management, consumer communications and farmer engagement. ICMC is managed under a shared service agreement with ISA.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Cultivate and utilize a network of consumer-facing organizations to amplify consumer sustainability messaging.
• Develop annual consumer outreach budget aligned with the Request for Concept (RFC) and Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
• Coordinate director and non-director farmer leader participation in consumer-facing events.
• Develop and maintain effective communications with management staff and marketing stakeholders.
• Work with contractors to manage and execute new and existing exhibits in the Glass Barn.
• Oversee Indiana State Fair management and staff of the Glass Barn during the Indiana State Fair.
• Manage the creating, ordering and distribution of children’s books and educational supplies.
• Manage appearances of Bennie the Bean at the Indiana State Fair or other events.
• Accountable for the identification and accomplishment of program metrics.
• Work with other staff and Marketing Team to design and execute programming and leverage soybean and/or corn checkoff dollars. most effectively where program goals and objectives overlap.
• Join and actively participate in appropriate state and national organizations to bring back best practices from peer organizations.
• Manage State Fair and Consumer program interns.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline.
• 3 plus years work experience.
• Experience working with farmers and/or consumers is preferred.
• Critical thinking skills related to consumer outreach.
• Ability to produce effective communications materials for both consumers and farmers on social media and other channels.
• Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
• Proven ability at consensus building and trust/credibility maintenance a must.
• Strong analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills.
• Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects and escalating priorities.
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Aptitude for learning new applications as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position requires concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, tight deadlines, and workload.
• Exempt position with a minimum of 40 hours per week required.
• Travel within Indiana, out-of-state sometimes on short notice.
• Travel and other work-related assignments may occasionally include evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time, stand, crouch, stoop, reach, and move up and down stairs.
• Must be able to lift to 25 lbs.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.