We have an exciting opportunity for recent December 2021 or May 2022 grads to join our Immunology and Immunotoxicology team inMadison, WI or Greenfield, IN!
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers..
About the Team:
The Global Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) department, provides support to Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and standalone studies over a wide range of Immunology and Immunotoxicology platforms, supporting enhanced solutions based approach to Clients requests. I&I focuses on running a variety of studies to determine if a test article in question could affect the immune system. To do this, they test using several methods including Flow Cytometry, Enzyme Immunoassays and an array of specific cell based assays (i.e. Natural Killer Cell assay) across a multitude of instrument platforms.
What to Expect:
- Organizes and conducts routine and non-routine processing in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Sets up, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems.
- Contributes towards a cohesive team environment.
- Learns to assist in setting up and performing method development and validation of various Immunotoxicology assays.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in client visits as needed.
- Evaluates data for report preparation and experiment modification as directed.
- Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Assists in writing text for reports, methods or protocols.
How you will be rewarded:
- ** Sign on Bonus Eligible! **
- Work Primarily 1st Shift and some overtime with supplementary compensation
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
You’ll have access to growth opportunities
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree or related field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
**Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate between December 2021 and May 2022**
- Experience preference: exposure to flow cytometry, ELISAs and/or tissue culture is desirable.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Good communication, time management, organizational and attention to details skills.