SUMMARY: The position holder will work in a variety of HR disciplines in order to become familiar with the HR Operations support for Poultry facilities. This position will give the candidate insight to areas such as, but not limited to: Recruiting, Training & Development, Community Relations, Safety, Labor Relations, Employment Compliance and Retention Improvement practices. This intern is expected to operate with the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality, and to engage at all levels of Team Members within the facility. This position is designed to provide high level experiences across many areas of HR, both in a learning capacity and also focused on innovative ideas and value creation. Preferred candidates will be open to relocation for future HR Operations opportunities across the country. Based on performance, can potentially lead to full-time employment in an HR role within our operations team.
- Education: Actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university. Students seeking a degree in Human Resources, Communication, Agriculture, or Psychology preferred.
- Experience: Previous work experience of any kind is preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Special Skills: Motivated self-starter who has the desire to learn from others; ability to work independently or as part of a team; strong problem solving skills; time management and multitasking abilities; and strong interpersonal skills.