Internship Dates: Late May / early June through August; start and finish dates are negotiable.
General Description: The position of Human Resources Intern reports to the Human Resources Manager. This position is responsible for providing assistance in the coordination of Employment Office activities. The State Fair Employment Office is responsible for hiring and processing approximately 1,000 seasonal employees to work at the annual Indiana State Fair.
- Distribute and collect applications for various departments of the fair.
- Assist with the planning and execution of employee recruiting.
- Complete employee background checks on applicants.
- Assist with scheduling and executing applicant interviews.
- Assist with the coordination and processing of seasonal employee payroll functions.
- Assist in planning and executing employee orientation.
- Coordinate the issuance of employee and non-employee identification badges.
- Perform office duties such as answering telephones and maintaining files.
Through early July, this position will work up to 40 hours per week. Thereafter, the incumbent must be available to work 10 or more hours per day including some mandatory weekends. The incumbent should have an excellent work ethic, written and verbal communication skills and an interest in Human Resources.