As a Human Resources Assistant, you will be a part of the Co-Alliance Cooperative HR team located at the corporate office in Avon, IN that works to support four divisions – Energy, Agronomy, Grain, and Swine and Animal Nutrition with more than 80 locations across Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio. You will work with many talented professionals and be given a high level of responsibility from the start, so we are looking for an individual who is organized, friendly, and able to successfully multi-task.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Assist the HR team by guiding candidates through the application and interview process, coordinating pre-employment process (drug screens, background checks, DOT compliance), and personalizing the onboarding experience of each employee.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, payroll, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department and assists with HR related projects
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers.
- Conducts or assists with onboarding, new hire orientation and off-boarding.
- Process employee change forms, administer reports to managers (ACA, Exemptions, Hours, T/O)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in related field required.
- Prior related office experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Basic knowledge of employment laws
- Customer service attitude and team player
We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy as you grow in your life and career, and your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers. You will also be eligible for annual raises and bonuses, as well as matching 401(k) and pension program, which give you financial well-being now and for your future.
Shift: Monday – Friday
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Other Voluntary Insurance, 401K-with matching, Pension, Vacation, PTO, and more.