- Builds effective working relationships with business leaders.
- Leverages an understanding of business needs and works closely with leaders to optimize human capital to meet strategic plans.
- Acts as a primary point of contact and provides counsel and consulting services to internal partners across all levels of the organization, including Senior leaders.
- Provides coaching to individual contributors, with the goal of making others successful. Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management, and staff meetings.
Talent & Onboarding
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
- Implements effective onboarding strategies and plans for successful assimilation of new hires.
- Prepare and communicate information to new employees upon hire date. Provide orientation of the Company policies. Prepare pre-employment and new hire paperwork as required by the Company, State and Federal regulations. Deliver training programs, as assigned.
Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Uses discretion and ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Drive employee engagement efforts through execution of employee feedback survey, analysis of results and development of action plans, as assigned.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous manner.
- Handles basic employment relations issues, including reviewing recommendation with HR Manager and escalating, as appropriate.
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Executes on assigned HR functions, accurately and timely.
- Leverages best practices and participates in collaboration within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes on tactics supporting HR programs within the facility, in accordance with HR processes and programs.
- Builds effective working relationships with HR team
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures associate files are complete and compliant.
- Complete Personnel actions, including partnering with Total Rewards or HR Shared Services to obtain recommendation and approvals, ensure transaction is appropriately processed and that associate data is accurate.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and leverage successes across the company
- Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes tactics to support core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes tactics to support local/department-level programs for areas such as, workforce planning, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Possesses working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources tactics, including recordkeeping, talent development, promotions, employee relations, terminations, exit interviews, recordkeeping, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements. Implements Affirmative Action Plan and goals, where applicable.
- Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge. Manages personal development following changes to company, business and/or HR.
Maintains high level of confidentiality with consistency
Travel may be required, up to 10%
Performs other job duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 3-5 years of HR experience, or related field
- Working knowledge of Federal, state/province and local employment laws.
- Understanding of talent acquisition techniques, including recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection.
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving skills
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Assessing and Understanding People
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Some travel may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.