As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Healthy Purpose Consultant
Work Location: Elanco Animal Health – Greenfield IN (future: downtown Indianapolis IN)
This role is part of the Legal, Compliance and Corporate Affairs organization and reports to the Global Head of ESG & Sustainability.
Elanco’s global approach to ESG and sustainability – Elanco’s Healthy Purpose™ – is a framework of commitments and actions built on four interconnected pillars: Healthier Animals, Healthier People, Healthier Planet and Healthier Enterprise – which represent the areas we believe are most important to our customers, employees, investors and other stakeholders.
An important part of our Healthy Purpose initiative includes community engagement through the volunteerism and giving efforts of our ~10,000 employees. Achievements in this space are driven in part by the 500+ members of our Global Cause Network, and an online employee engagement platform which allows for direct contributions of time and money.
We’re seeking a results-oriented and collaborative individual with expertise building and amplifying employee volunteerism and giving initiatives and related internal/external goals – including regular employee communications to drive awareness and engagement. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience with software/data platforms to drive and track employee participation and support internal/external progress reporting, as well as experience with the administrative aspects of operating a corporate foundation and other corporate responsibility initiatives.
The Healthy Purpose Consultant (Consultant) is responsible for directly engaging employees, Elanco Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Global Cause Network members, corporate communications teams and other leaders across the business to drive employee participation in volunteerism and giving initiatives – demonstrating ambition and attainment toward internal and public goals and commitments.
Under the leadership and oversight of the Global Head of ESG and Sustainability, the Consultant owns the strategy and execution of our global employee volunteerism and giving efforts. This position offers high visibility across Elanco organizations worldwide – with an opportunity to demonstrate influence without authority at the global level, while supporting purposeful efforts locally.
- Own and advance a global, cross-functional employee volunteerism/giving program by developing and regularly refreshing program strategy
- Successfully establish and execute across a range of internal operational timelines, key performance indicators (KPIs), milestones/targets and public goals
- Manage the engagement and activation of Elanco’s Global Cause Network through regular communications and town hall meetings
- Collaborate closely with internal communications teams around the globe to optimize program awareness and employee engagement
- Manage Elanco’s external volunteerism/giving platform partner and stay abreast of platform features, enhancements and/or competitor products that can enhance Elanco’s program(s)
- Manage an external partner to successfully operationalize Elanco’s employee relief fund
Benchmarking & External Engagement
- Continuously monitor Elanco performance against industry peer and other best-in-class corporate employee volunteerism/giving programs or goals
- Proactively identify emerging risks, opportunities and trends that may impact Elanco’s broader corporate responsibility efforts
- Monitor the evolving ecosystem of partners and platforms for solutions that will enhance or accelerate our programs
Elanco Foundation-related Responsibilities:
- Develop employee volunteerism/giving reports to support the Elanco Foundation matching gifts program
- Provide administrative support for Elanco Foundation board meetings
- Execute ad hoc special matching gift campaigns related to employee giving
- Demonstrated experience managing corporate employee volunteerism and giving programs in a highly decentralized, global environment
- Strong technical competency and expertise with specialized engagement software platforms (such as Benevity, and others) to support employee volunteerism and giving
- Demonstrated experience monitoring trends in the employee volunteerism/giving space and benchmarking peer and other corporate best practices
- Demonstrated examples of successful program strategy development and execution, including internal and external goal setting and attainment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – including experience with data visualization tools, such as PowerPoint
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work with and influence cross-departmental peers, internal and external leaders, and influencers – globally
- Maturity, self-directedness and ability to operate effectively with measured supervision
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing interests, priorities and organizational needs while still meeting timelines
- Up to 10% domestic and international
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status