As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Head of IBP will lead the Elanco IBP process and its development from the medium to long term, to secure the delivery of the company’s strategic objectives.
The expectation is to drive world-class business performance and implement a cross-organizational, collaborative business planning strategy inclusive of financial integration. The role will focus on the deployment of strategy, margin growth and innovation, and the sustainment of the company’s continuous improvement.
- Lead the development of the process, system, data for the five core elements of the monthly IBP cycle: the Product Management Review, Demand Review, Supply Review, Integrated Reconciliation and the Management Business Review
- Ownership of the Elanco Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process
- Lead the organizational change to drive ownership, understanding and engagement across the IBP cycle at all levels of the organization
- Constantly challenge the status quo to drive IBP process excellence and continuous improvement
- Ensure the IBP process works through a 24-36 month rolling horizon, allowing the early identification of issues and opportunities, and confirming the organization’s capability of delivering the expected results
- Enable the process to capture changes in the external environment in areas including customers, markets, competitors, regulation, technology and the geo-political outlook, on a month-to-month basis, to allow the organization’s plans to be adjusted and optimized to deliver growth
- Ensure the active participation of the finance team as key business partners in the monthly IBP reviews, contributing to the testing of various scenarios and adjusting plans accordingly, in real-time.
- Identification of actual or potential gaps between the latest ‘whole of organization’ plan, updated each month based on any changes to assumptions, and the ‘committed plans’ of the organization, i.e. the annual plan, business plan, strategic plan and performance goals
- Recognition of gaps early enough so cost-effective action can be taken to get back on track or ‘course correct’.
- Identification of significant risks or significant opportunities early enough so alternative plans can be developed
- Ensure close alignment and collaboration across the business particularly supply chain however also the commercial team, finance, procurement and manufacturing.
- Create the governance, control and key performance metrics for the integrated business planning process
- Proven experience of leadership of integrated business planning in a highly complex multibillion $ industry
- Comfortable with change and evidence of leading global transformation projects
- Solid understanding of the linkage between the product management review, demand planning process, supply chain review, production planning, integrated reconciliation, management business review including financial planning and strategy
- Demonstrable functional and technical background and expertise
- Exceptional team leadership skills building a culture of influence, collaboration and delivery
- Advanced Excel skills, able to effectively manipulate and interpret large, complex data sets
- Excellent communication skills, able to engage at a variety of levels across a business
- A positive, enthusiastic approach
- Ability to manage ambiguity and complexity to the resolution and/or decision toward simplified implications, actions, and resolution
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels in complex situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Project management skills
- Previous relevant consultancy experience is ideal
- Master’s Degree is ideal, or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent years of experience
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status