Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience™ is seeking an experienced scientist to lead the General Toxicology group at the Mammalian Toxicology Center located in Newark, Delaware. The successful candidate will provide people and technical leadership and oversee the conduct and interpretation of discovery and regulatory studies in support of safety assessment of crop protection products.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The General Toxicology leader will have responsibilities to direct multidisciplinary research teams, consisting of senior scientists, study directors and technicians focused on conducting GLP and non-GLP studies. The group leader sets strategic and tactical goals for the group, determines resource needs, provides technical guidance and leadership, and oversee operations to ensure progress in support of global regulatory submissions. You will have the responsibility to lead internal and external collaborations to address current and emerging regulatory testing requirements and mode of action studies, to assess human relevance of toxicological effects. In this role, you’ll also act as a close liaison with regulatory colleagues and technical experts across wider disciplines within the company. It is an exciting time to join this team as we are expanding and growing.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- PhD in toxicology or related discipline with at least ten years of experience supervising in vivo studies.
- Be recognized as an expert by peers inside and outside the company and by regulatory agencies.Demonstrated people and technical leadership abilities to manage and coordinate multiple teams and projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences, strong publication history.
- Experience with preparing and reviewing technical documents including lab standard operating procedures, study protocols and reports.
- Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for protection of human health.
- Experience working in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) environment.
- Prior industry or CRO study director experience.
- Experience with OECD and EPA toxicity testing guidelines.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!