Greenhouse Team Member I – First Shift
3820 Calvert St.
South Bend, IN 46613
Visible on job post: Yes
Remote work allowed: No
Hours, Pay and Benefits
Hours Per Pay Period: 70
Benefits: Dental insurance, Health insurance, Paid time off
Job Description: Pure Green Farms is currently seeking a First Shift Greenhouse Team Member I who is responsible to perform fresh produce seeding, planting and sustainable control functions necessary to initiate and support the growth cycle and to ensure the consistent harvest of delicious and healthy leafy greens.
The Company: At Pure Green Farms, our mission is to provide the most delightful and safest salad eating experience. We are more than just lettuce growers. We are agricultural innovators devoted to adopting the best technologies to consistently deliver clean, healthy, and fresh produce. Our team is committed to democratizing the produce industry by radically improving food supply chains. Providing produce year-round that is affordable, environmentally sustainable, and healthy is our passion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operate, control and monitor settings of automated process machinery and associated computer software programs that initiate the sow/seeding growth cycle.
- Ensure different seed/crop varieties are assigned to their correct planting location
- Assist in first-line trouble shooting of machinery
- Engages in safe and responsible biological pest control practices
- Maintains appropriate moisture levels of growing crops
- Ensure all growing spaces are swept and kept clean at all times for inspection
for food safety.
- Conduct and support in the basic preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain a sanitary environment by applying sanitizers at a concentration
recommended by the manufacturer.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, reliable, punctual, open-minded, and positive attitude a must
- Ability and desire to perform and complete 10-hour work shifts
- Must have manual dexterity and ability to operate and maintain repetitive processes
- Occasional forklift operation may be required
- Learning and following all food safety and quality policies and procedures
- Ability to make critical decisions quickly and repeatedly
- Ability to adapt and to be responsive in the face of changing and evolving order demands
- Ability to make changes as needed without advance notice
- Former experience in garden, greenhouse, or agricultural setting a plus
- Position requires sitting, standing, and walking on a regular basis for prolonged periods
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Former experience in garden, greenhouse or agricultural setting is preferred
- Forklift, tractor, or farm equipment operator experience/training is a plus
- Passion for horticulture and agriculture and a passion for maintaining safe and pristine natural growing environments preferred
How to Apply: Email your interest at email@example.com, and be sure to attach your resume!