We are seeking qualified candidates to help us during the upcoming holiday season for the Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture – Plant Growth Facility. The Greenhouse Assistant will assist manager and technician render irrigation and fertilization treatments, employ sanitation protocols, dismantle/prepare projects, and conduct other greenhouse related duties as assigned.
This is a seasonal position from November 2021 – February 2022. You must agree to work the following days:
- November 25 – 28 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 23 – 26 (Christmas Eve, Day, and Weekend)
- December 31 – January 2 (New Year’s Eve, Day, and Sunday)
Job Responsibilities & Skill Development:
- Communication: Written or oral instruction to help ensure plant material is care for appropriately.
- Ways of Thinking: Sound decision making and problem-solving skills when working independently.
- Interpersonal Skills & Intercultural Knowledge: Work in a team or independent setting.
- Intrapersonal Awareness & Development: Responsibility and punctuality to ensure plant material is cared for in a timely and effective manner.
Interested candidates may apply online through Purdue Careers – careers.purdue.edu. Visit Student Employment for more information – www.purdue.edu/studentemployment
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, be punctual, and willingness to learn!