Internship Dates: Mid-May through the end of the 2024 Indiana State Fair
In-Person / Paid Internship, Hourly
General Description: The Graphic Design Intern will have several tasks including, but not limited to, assisting with most design components of the Indiana State Fair marketing campaign ahead of the event in August. This position will assist the Graphic Designer with producing high-quality, primarily, print materials.
The Graphic Design Intern will also assist in collecting high-quality photographs of the Indiana State Fair, to be added to the organization’s library of photos for year-round marketing of the fairgrounds.
- Assist with the design components of the 2024 marketing campaign.
- Design and revise graphics, logos, forms, handouts, maps, billboards, public communications, and more.
- Assist with print production and finishing.
- Photograph the hustle and bustle of the fair (e.g., guests on midway rides, show audiences, crowds, livestock & animal displays, food).
- Overall support of the Marketing Department.
Qualifications: Applicable areas of study include Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, and/or Digital Media Design, preferably with experience in general Marketing and/or Photography. Ideal candidate must be extremely detail oriented and excel in project management.
A well-rounded knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) is required. Proficiency in typography and layouts required. Skills in photography and illustration preferred.
Candidates must be able to work extended hours in July and August in preparation for the 2024 Indiana State Fair.
Please include a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF portfolio when you submit your application.