We are interested in hiring a paid academic worker, who will work with Elanco’s DC corporate affairs office fulltime for the summer. We prefer students based in the DC metro area as we are returning to the office in a hybrid schedule.
Academic Worker Duties
The academic worker program provides an opportunity for a current student to learn about global standards governing international trade in animal health products, improve their research and database management skills, deliver defined and measurable suggestions for process or program improvement, and learn about government affairs at a multinational corporation.
The academic worker will have the following duties:
- Providing support with various research projects, including a key project that will last the duration of the position, as assigned. This could include, but is not limited to, engaging in digital advocacy campaigns, analyzing policies from international organizations governing trade in animal health products, analyzing international legislation related to antimicrobial use in farm animals, and monitoring US Government policy and Congressional bills.
- Providing support with administrative duties as assigned. This could include updating internal databases, managing email traffic to general email addresses, attending relevant think tank events or Congressional hearings and taking notes, and supporting with translation of key documents (language skill dependent).
Preferred Academic Worker Profile
We are seeking academic workers with the following qualifications:
- Graduating in 2022 or 2023 and is a current or enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at a nearby university who studies political science, public policy, international affairs, economics, international business or related degrees.
- Is a strong writer and researcher.
- Can work independently.
- Has computer skills. Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe are required. Experience working with databases is preferred.
- Has social media skills. Knowledge of digital advocacy through Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn preferred.
- Has language skills in addition to English. Mandarin, Spanish or French preferred.
Targeted start date
June 6, 2022
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status