Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience is seeking to hire a Global Regulatory Leader for our Seeds division. The Leader is accountable for development and successful implementation of global regulatory strategy in support of business objectives for Corteva Agriscience’s oilseeds businesses. This role requires cross functional interaction with teams across multiple technical disciplines. Candidates should be results-oriented and collaborative, with a proven ability to work effectively within a matrixed global organization, as well as with external stakeholders including regulators, academics, and other industry colleagues.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The qualified candidate is responsible for development of globally relevant regulatory strategies for biotech traits and technologies.
- Provides regulatory guidance for development and implementation of technical and business strategy, as well as program plans.
- Leads global regulatory strategy development, communication, and implementation at the portfolio level, aligned to business goals and strategy, as well as Corteva R&D innovation goals.
- Maintains accountability for planning and management of the global regulatory budget for the portfolio per Global Portfolio Leadership Team and Seeds Innovation Investment Forum and in collaboration with Global and Zonal Regulatory Program Leaders and R&D functional leaders.
- Serves as a key advisor on regulatory matters to the Global Portfolio Leader and Leadership Team, as well as the Global and Zonal Program Leaders and their respective networks.
- Utilizes network to monitor evolving global regulatory policy environment for seed products, to proactively guide business decisions to build a strong pipeline for the future.
- Maintains full awareness of portfolio traits and programs, including critical regulatory milestones and regulatory issues. Intervenes for and escalates regulatory issues as required within the Global Portfolio Leadership Team and R&D functions.
- Supports development of a world-class global regulatory function by sharing expertise and knowledge, serving as a mentor, and leading development and consistent implementation of functional best practices and leading to successful policy portfolio-funded programs and projects.
- May serve as Global Regulatory Leader for some or all traits in the portfolio.
- Functionally reports to and is supervised by the Global Regulatory Strategy Leader.
- As a member of a Global Portfolio Leadership Team, the Global Regulatory Leader receives direction and is accountable to the Global Portfolio Leader for global regulatory strategy objectives.
- Collaborates with Corteva R&D, Government & External Affairs, Legal, and Business Unit leadership.
- This position does not have direct reports but exercises leadership for global regulatory teams and individuals within R&D and other functions through influence, collaboration, and negotiation.
- Supports global and regional R&D teams to ensure the correct implementation of Corteva policies, and in accordance with Corteva signature processes.
- Represents Corteva on industry bodies, at relevant trade and industry conferences, and actively monitors global trends to serve a key consultant and point of contact for Corteva.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- MS degree with experience or PhD preferred in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, plant science, entomology, toxicology, or related agricultural field (or equivalent experience).
- Greater than 5 years’ experience working in a regulated industry and associated regulatory frameworks is required.
- Excellent project management, organization, written and oral communication skills are critical for success.
- Previous biotechnology experience desired.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.