At Elanco (NYCE: ELAN) – it all starts with animals!
As a global leader in animal health, we are dedicated to innovating and delivering products and services to prevent and treat disease in farm animals and pets. We’re driven by our vision of ‘Food and Companionship Enriching Life’ and our approach to sustainability – the Elanco Healthy Purpose™ – to advance the health of animals, people, the planet and our enterprise.
At Elanco, we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that diversity is the driving force behind innovation, creativity, and overall business success. Here, you’ll be part of a company that values and champions new ways of thinking, work with dynamic individuals, and acquire new skills and experiences that will propel your career to new heights.
Making animals’ lives better makes life better – join our team today!
Your Role: Global Procurement Intern
As a Global Procurement Intern, you will be part of the Global Procurement team and contribute to Elanco through your work and recommendations on relevant, challenging, and business critical projects. You will have the exposure to different Global Procurement functions including Direct and Indirect Procurement. In this role you will grow your understanding of supplier management and the sourcing process. Projects may provide exposure in the areas of supplier risk, supplier management, proposal evaluation, spend data analysis, category strategy, environmental sustainability and governance, and contract negotiation.
- Support sourcing projects for goods or services
- Network with Elanco’s Global Procurement leaders to gain exposure and understanding of the various areas within Elanco’s Global Procurement organization and processes
- Provide recommendations to a business-critical procurement project
- Maintain regular check-ins and reporting/presenting to executive level leadership
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Currently enrolled in Business-related masters is preferred however will consider strong undergrad candidates with emphasis in Business and or Supply Chain
- Strong sense of initiative, problem solving, and learning agility
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to be self-motivated, with demonstrated high level of responsibility and professionalism
- Must be able to work exceptionally well independently and with minimal supervision
- Travel: 0%
- Location: Global Elanco Headquarters – Greenfield, IN – Project requirement may allow for Hybrid Work Environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Elanco we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you think you might be a good fit for a role but don’t necessarily meet every requirement, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for this role or other roles!
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is designed to provide students with experiences! Internships are project based and comprised of business-critical needs. All interns have the opportunity to significantly impact Elanco’s success over the summer and kickstart a career that counts.
- Internship Dates: May 20th – August 9th (12 Weeks)
- Competitive salary: $19-$37/hour (dependent upon major and year in school)
- Networking events
- Assigned mentors
- Professional development opportunities
- Optional all-inclusive housing for $150 per week (for Greenfield and Clinton interns) or a $4000 housing stipend (for all other manufacturing sites and Sales interns)
- Full time roles or additional internships for interns with outstanding performance