As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Elanco R&D Procurement team engages CDOs, CDMOs, Labs and other service providers to provide solutions that support the R&D Organization. The team is responsible for enabling development and operations of the R&D group by finding providers, negotiating and contracting solutions that deliver cost efficiency, streamlined timing and compliance.
Functions, Duties, Task
- Develop and track value capture opportunities to deliver targets for cost savings and cost avoidance for the R&D organization.
- Building and presenting global sourcing options for improvement/de-risking and articulate alignment with cross-functional teams for approval and execution.
- Scouting the market identifying potential sourcing solutions
- Leading and/or supporting global scale RFIs, RFPs and overall tender projects
- Leading negotiations for products and services
- Building global contractual agreements
- Managing commercial relationships with key suppliers mapping risks and opportunities.
- Support and enhance global sourcing processes to facilitate, automatize and bring more compliance into the R&D spending pool.
- Building strong partnership and collaboration with the global R&D and Finance group aligning on agenda and priorities.
- In addition, the individual will develop and maintain market knowledge for the above referenced spend areas, identify and implement best business practices that deliver value and network internally to influence change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science discipline or supply chain and/or
- At least 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing or managing commercial suppliers/ service providers relationships (R&D or Indirect Procurement preferred) with a large multi-national company.
- Commercial acumen, understanding value chains and associated cost drivers.
- Proven interpersonal skills especially in conflict situations and collaborates effectively with internal and external teams.
- Proven skills in negotiating and understanding of commercial law.
- Proven experience in building and implementing Category Sourcing Strategies
- Experience in building and articulating approval for business cases that shape the network of suppliers and providers.
- Preferably experience sourcing large dollar amount with global scope
- Ability to be a change agent to fully understand Elanco’s business needs and ensure buy-in and successful implementation of Procurement solutions.
- Demonstrated examples of taking bold leadership to drive change and/or improvement.
- Ability to network and influence and drive organizational change even beyond area of direct responsibility and across all levels of management and multiple regions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments.
- Leverages broad network (internally & externally) to maintain market knowledge & best practice awareness.
- Demonstrated business acumen; good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong data analysis and MS Excel skills
- eSourcing Tool experience and MS PowerPoint experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing third party relationships including management/oversight, supplier and/or supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and problem resolution skills.
Travel: Overnight domestic and international is possible (approx.10-20%)
Location: Greenfield (Indiana – US)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status