Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva is searching for a Global Process Owner (GPO), for our Seed Cost Accounting team. This position will be responsible for the processes and procedures supporting the global seed accounting performed within Controllership. The role includes responsibilities for both Actuals and Planning, primarily related to gross margin and related balance sheet accounts. The GPO will lead efforts to standardize processes and lead automation activities to improve consistent execution, accuracy, and compliance with global Seed accounting policies.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Oversee the monthly processes executed by regional centers of excellence and in-country resources supporting monthly financial close processes to ensure timely and accurate financial statements with a focus on revenue recognition; inventory/COGS; commissions; and other gross margin transactions. Ensure compliance with corporate policies and statutory/GAAP. Perform analysis and review to identify problems or issues and recommend ways to resolve problem areas.
- Oversee planning processes for Cost of Sales (COS) items (monthly Outlook, annual Plan, long term Planning). Partner with business finance and SPSC (Seed Production & Supply Chain) to facilitate the planning activities of COS. Evaluate underlying planning assumptions, identify issues, review variance explanations, and communicate key drivers impacting the planning data.
- Coordinate with Internal Audit and External Auditors to ensure proper control processes are in place and performed for North America Seed entities. Ensure the North America Seed Controllership team provides all documentation requested to support audits.
- Oversee monthly closing of North America Seed legal entities and perform analysis and review to ensure accuracy. Perform monthly balance sheet flux analysis for all North America Seed entities and review with North America Seed Controller and Corporate management.
- Gain understanding and review various Seed accounting processes globally by collaborating with Finance staff in all regions. Identify and implement global improvement and standardization opportunities (including the deployment of automation technology) to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Responsible for the direct supervision and development of team members. Provide support to offshore resources to facilitate a well-functioning global seed accounting network. Consistently take action to ensure the effectiveness and productivity of the team and manage responsibilities assigned to team members.
- Obtain sound understanding of the Seed business and external regulatory environment to ensure proper accounting treatment and effectiveness of control environment.
- Consult with key management about policies and procedures, relevant financial information, technical accounting issues or analytical support. Develop proposals that improve the quality and treatment of financial information to enhance decision making.
- Lead the assessment, planning and deployment of automation technologies to global processes. Provide input to and / or support systems design and development efforts of planned ERP upgrade in support of Seed processes and financial reporting.
- Thorough understanding of accounting practices (US GAAP).
- Knowledge of Seed end-to-end processes and how they feed into legal entity and business financial statements.
- Overall understanding of transactional and reporting systems and related interdependencies.
- Overall understanding of the Seed business model, structure, systems, and processes.
- Ability to perform analysis on financial data and use logic to uncover issues.
- Ability to design and implement processes; foresee potential financial impacts of process changes; communicate process changes in a manner that gains acceptance.
- Ability to network with others, initiate relationships, and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to serve as a manager of people; be an upstanding model to other team members; and hire, train, and develop people.
- Strong advisor on corporate governance/policies and ethical matters.
Requirements – What you’ll bring to the table!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of finance experience including relevant accounting experience.
- Knowledge of automation technology and practices preferred.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and internal control requirements.
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently.
- Fluent in English.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your well being, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.