Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
- Provide strategic guidance and process direction for long-term product portfolio financial planning activities, with emphasis on the 3-15 year horizon.
- Develop and consolidate long-term portfolio plans, forecasts, management reporting and analysis.
- Review of short-term (Current Year to CY+2) Portfolio results, planning, budgeting, & forecasting.
- Provide financial analysis and decision support to a Global Portfolio Leader, focusing on Portfolio management (technology/asset strategy, life-cycle management, profitability optimization).
- Participate as a key member on respective Portfolio Leadership Teams.
- Provide financial analysis to enable effective Innovation Management processes and prioritization, based on defined financial metrics which link R&D investments with commercial returns.
- Drive Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process for the portfolio, including responsibility for developing financial forecast/metrics for the Integrated Reconciliation (IR).
- Highlight areas of opportunity for portfolio to improve contribution/earnings, asset utilization and continuous improvement.
- Support executive analysis and execution of company governance and authorization of investment and resource decisions (i.e. White Papers).
- Effectively collaborate with Portfolio and key cross-functional partners for optimal business results, including key financial activities. Partners include global portfolio leadership teams, program management, regional/local product teams and resources.
Relevant Finance Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance financial and operational factors and analyze complex business problems to develop appropriate solutions in a timely and responsive nature. Significant experience providing senior management with financial results and analysis.
- Data and Metrics Capable: Uses data to continuously improve success and performance. Understands the use of data and KPI’s to set and track goals. Understands the use of basics such as averages, means, and data trending to interpret data.
- Finance tools and systems: Significant experience working with complex global financial information systems and controls in a large, complex business that provides consistent and reliable information.
- Intermediate Excel and spreadsheet skills; pivot tables, lookups, and conditional formatting.
- Financial Models: Experience preparing financial models, analyzing and making recommendations.
- Approachable Expertise: Exhibits accessible job knowledge to perform role and train or partner with others. Demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities to perform at a high level.
- Understands I-O team’s purpose and strategies; actively partners with and enables others in their pursuit of results.
- Critical Thinker/Problem-Solver: Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize, and apply information in order to solve problems. Evaluates information in order to formulate solutions to problems. Weighs the strengths and weaknesses of options in order to recommend the best solution.
- Inquisitive: Seeks out extra information or knowledge through investigation and questioning. Gathers information in order to better understand systems, needs, and desired potential benefits. Intellectually curious.
- Self-Starter/Initiator: Initiates action in order to accomplish goals or develop self without explicit instructions. Proactive in seeking out new responsibilities and activities without explicit instructions. Initiates prompt action in order to accomplish goals or objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent business discipline. Master’s Degree would be preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience. 10 years of overall experience would be a plus.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal, and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Check out life at Corteva! https://www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!