Corteva Agriscience™, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world.
The Crop Protection Actives and Product R&D function is seeking a Global Packaging Leader. The Global Packaging team is responsible for design, develop and launch of product packaging. The successful candidate will lead the North America packaging team and packaging strategy. The successful candidate will collaborate with team members across Corteva R&D, commercial, manufacturing, supply chain and quality organization. The successful candidate will show a passion for packaging that is highly effective, sustainable and enhances our customer experience. The successful candidate will be a team leader, collaborative partner, and solution provider, setting a high standard for leadership behaviors.
This role can accommodate a flexible work arrangement where you may work some days a week from home.
- Lead the development and execution of the global packaging strategy in collaboration with regional cross-functional partners and global stakeholders. Set the vision and rally team around this vision.
- Champion Packaging Strategy within team and with organizational leaders. Influence and represent packaging at different levels in the organization.
- Leadership of NA packaging team through talent development, instilling trust, driving engagement, and building positive culture.
- Assess structure and organization of team within the organization. Build team structure needed to meet strategy and own results.
- Advocate and advance packaging sustainability targets. Champion sustainability towards 2030 Corteva sustainability goals.
- Oversee design, develop, and launch of new packaging systems in support of new product launches.
- Own packaging development projects and support packaging development for product launch
- Partner with global leaders and stakeholders to improve packaging work processes and tools to be seamless and flawless in execution and aligned with other function work.
- Monitor industry and packaging regulations to ensure we stay ahead of any regulations and guidelines
- Advance packaging innovation that enhances our customer experience.
- A BS/MS in Packaging Engineering is preferred, although other technical fields will be considered such as Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline and advanced degrees
- 3-5 years leadership minimum; 8 – 10 years preferred. Leadership experiences to include people, project, and organization leadership with strong interpersonal and communication skills to lead direct reports, team, and cross functional interactions.
- Project management experience in packaging including design, develop and launch of new packaging systems.
- Self-starter and ability to energize a team
- Able to make critical decisions and gain team buy-in
- Experience in organization effectiveness, structure and strategy is desired
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and develop a technical staff
- Possesses interpersonal and communication skills to negotiate and reconcile differences
- Demonstrated technical and organizational problem-solving skills
- Understanding of packaging regulations and testing methods (eg. UN, EPA, ISPM-15, FIFRA)
- Agricultural industry background desirable.
- Expertise in a broad range of rigid and flexible packaging materials and technologies.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Check out life at Corteva!
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Our Indianapolis, Indiana campus is home to more than 1,000 employees whose mission is simple – to feed the world. While our employees are busy working to solve world hunger and ensure environmental sustainability, we’re taking care of them by offering convenience and comfort during the workday with an onsite fitness center, coffee shop, credit union and top-notch cafeteria touting a grill, wok, deli, fresh salad bar, and a variety of ethnic and healthy menu options. Need some fresh air during your work day? Take advantage of our beautiful tree-lined walking trails or relax by the pond. We also offer countless opportunities to connect with your colleagues through community volunteerism, sports teams and parties, and festive holiday events. Join a volleyball or ping pong league or take part in supporting the Indianapolis Colts during Blue Fridays! Did we mention you’ll be working in state-of-the art buildings with the latest technology and colleagues from all over the world? Join us in bringing food into homes around the world, while we make you feel at home while you’re at work.
If you’re looking to move to a big city with a small-town feel then Indianapolis, Indiana is the place for you. This dynamic, multifaceted city has a robust sports scene, urban nightlife, and top-tier entertainment. Indianapolis is quickly making its name as one of the best sustainable food and agriculture scenes in the country. Located in the heart of the Midwest, Indianapolis is a welcoming city ripe with culture and a thriving economy.
Indianapolis is Indiana’s capital with more than two million residents in the greater metropolitan area. It’s the economic and cultural center of Indiana and offers something for everyone. There’s plenty to do, see, learn and experience in Indianapolis.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!