Elanco is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual with sustainability expertise to join the team as Elanco’s new leader for sustainability and ESG. We are looking for a results-oriented and collaborative leader to build a strategy and framework to assess, refine, and drive our environment, social, and governance strategies, including disclosures and regulatory requirements. This person will shape Elanco’s leadership on ESG and support customer engagement to enable their ESG transitions, communications, and aspirations.
We manage our social and environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable. This role will build an enterprise-wide roadmap for Elanco’s Environmental, Social and Governance transparency and disclosures tied to emerging global regulations and oversee internal and external stakeholder engagement.
This is a high-impact role that requires a solid understanding of the ESG landscape and implications for Elanco’s business, customers, and societal impact. In addition, this role requires significant thought leadership skills and a high capacity to develop and execute enterprise appropriate ESG strategies for Elanco and with customers.
The person in this role will devise, plan, and implement a collaborative communication program, coordinating input from across Elanco’s R&D, G&A, and Commercial teams to deliver tools, communications, and thought leadership.
*Remote/Teleworker will be considered for this position
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) – ( Master’s or advanced degree highly preferred).
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Corporate Sustainability, CSR, ESG or related field
- High efficiency in project management, change management and/or process improvement
- Financial acumen and experience with business case development
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Possess a valid passport. (Anticipated travel is 10-20%).
- Build and execute an ESG disclosures strategy and next-generation ESG reporting plan to drive greater transparency and trust with Elanco’s customers, stakeholders, and meet global corporate sustainability reporting regulations.
- Build and deploy solutions that will track sustainability performance across Elanco’s businesses and report accurate and timely progress and performance. Leverage solutions to deploy with customers seeking to advance their sustainability goals.
- Provide ESG global thought leadership on behalf of Elanco at major and relevant forums.
- Build and lead a team responsible for executing Elanco’s disclosures roadmap, including ESG materiality, issues management and operationalization, stakeholder engagement and external partnerships.
- Develop a strategy for timely, consistent, and accurate responses to sustainability inquiries from customers, suppliers, investors, and stakeholders.
- Produce scientific and industry literature summaries which synthesize sustainability developments and Elanco’s effort to advance ESG objectives.
- Develop Elanco’s views of climate scenarios and associated risks and opportunities.
- Help drive employee engagement and internal communication programs on ESG.
- Undertake research projects and benchmarking analysis as needed on sustainability and ESG-related topics and themes, including facilitating outreach to internal and external partners to help steward due diligence processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superlative and creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, third-party frameworks and evaluators, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze and understand research and to identify relevant and valuable information.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Experience in driving efficiency, project prioritization, simplification, standardization of work.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Presentation skills required to deliver proposals to varying groups of individuals, including senior management and the board of directors.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- People leadership experience preferred.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status