Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
Job Posting Title: Global Data Steward – Transfer Pricing and Administration
Master Data Governance is essential to the successful execution of our business processes (e.g., launch, source change, rationalization) within our SAP system at Elanco Animal Health. Without clean, accurate, relevant, and consistent master data, we are unable to operate our business processes effectively and the information we need from SAP to make sound business decisions is flawed or unavailable.
The Global Supply Chain Data Steward (GDS) works as a member of the Supply chain Center of Excellence team to translate and execute supply chain business strategies into specific master data setup. This role defines, implements, and executes the master data governance strategy, leads and consults on projects, and provides day-to-day production support to the user community. This role specifically focuses on processes and expertise around transfer pricing. The GDS in this position will own the process for receiving transfer price requests globally from affiliates, deriving the new transfer price(s) in accordance with tax team established methods, and updating S-4 SAP and COF SAP with outcomes.
- Global Transfer Price Process Administration and Price Setting
- Act as the subject matter expert for global transfer price requests for new products launches, changes in material flows, or affiliate requested updates to transfer prices.
- Own the methodology to Calculate new or revised transfer prices based on tax team formula-driven guidance; ensure accuracy and validity of information included in affiliate requests. Train SC Data team on how to execute the process.
- Drive process improvements and develop and track key performance indicators. Maintain ongoing communications and seek customer feedback. Establish and execute training for affiliate requestors and other process participants.
- Partner with Corp Tax Transfer Pricing Director for execution and delivery of the annual transfer price setting process managed utilizing business plan information outcomes and Mfg Finance consolidated group cost updates.
- Own and maintain the tools needed to support the process, including the requestor data template.
- Participate in Project Mustang ICO team, preparing transfer prices (using tax-directed methodology) for master data load for testing and Go-Live for new intercompany supply chains. Close coordination and validation with Corporate Tax anticipated.
- Adopt a technology-driven mindset and identify, recommend, and implement process efficiency and effectiveness projects.
- Engage in proactive identification of product flow changes that will drive requirements for new transfer price setting via participation in the monthly, cross-functional Material Funds Flow Committee.
- General Global Data Steward Responsibilities
Implement Master Data Governance:
- Provide cross-functional and geographic perspectives on data governance
- Provide leadership and suggestions for proactive data auditing and lifecycle management
- Implement data quality metrics and help interpret any trends on data quality within their functional area / geography
- Monitor business conformity to governance rules and policies
- Drive the completion of assigned data auditing tasks
- Develop consistent procedures, processes, and tools across Integrated Services MDM
- Protect the integrity and accuracy of data to be loaded into the SAP system
- Articulate the impact to master data of IT design, business processes, & end user transactions
- Partner with IT and SME resources to represent MDM and identify and resolve data and design gaps
- Lead local contacts thru Data Mapping, Discovery, and Transformation
- Leverage technical expertise to Load and Verify master data
- Apply MDM governance rules and concepts to project work
- Provide coaching and detailed knowledge transfer to key business partners
- Deliver training to educate local data analysts, business process owners, and stakeholders on data quality and data governance
- Develop and refine global data documentation as needed: SOPs, Transaction Aids, Job Aids, etc
Support End-User Requests:
- Provide timely expert support to GBS’s, affiliates, sites, and outsourced business partners by performing manual entry and mass loads of requested data into the SAP Production environment
- Cross-train and share daily production support workload with other global data analysts
- Collaborate with Integrated Services Subject Matter Experts and IT to resolve business problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline (IT, supply chain management, etc.)
- At least 3 years industry experience in supply chain, finance or data management and working with SAP
- Previous experience with SAP Supply Chain, Intercompany, Order To Cash, or Purchase To Pay master data
- Professional with excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrates good judgment and is solution orientated
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Experience of working with tight deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to a non-routine and fast paced environment
Additional Skills & Preferences:
- Knowledge of Intercompany, order to cash, or purchase To pay SAP data design
- Previous SAP implementation experience
- Knowledge of Intercompany, Order To Cash, or Purchase To Pay SAP data design
- Strong understanding of downstream business impact of data fields and integration with other SAP modules
- Demonstrated ability to map, cleanse, and discover SAP master data through project work
- Previous experience loading data with WinShuttle software
- Previous experience creating queries and reports in SAP to mine data from the system
- Experience using Excel functionality such as V-lookup
- Ability to triage and analyze ambiguous issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work as a member of global cross-functional business and IT teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal customer relationships
- Strong ability to influence others
- Willingness to follow and enforce global, cross-functional processes and standards
- Ability to work in teams or independently, manage time, prioritize tasks, and implement mitigating steps to keep projects on schedule to meet deadlines
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Understanding of Elanco SAP master data enterprise structure (plants, company codes, etc.)
- The role will work closely with affiliates, supply chain, corporate tax, and the master data team from the Supply Chain Centre of Excellence
- Less than 10% travel anticipated.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status