Provide the global technical expertise, scientific support and technical and marketing training to Elanco country organizations in order to ensure the alignment of scientific information in the local organizations and foster well-prepared and competitive local teams including technical services, marketing and sales. Provide technical consultancy and steer projects in R&D (Global Research & Development) and Business Development (BD).
PRODUCT STEWARDSHIP TRIALS:
Identify, initiate and direct global post-approval clinical research studies for Elanco together with Elanco R&D, leading international key opinion leaders (KOL’s), researchers and well recognized veterinary institutes, and additionally provide consultation and assistance to the country organizations for local field trials. Identify and prioritize post-approval R&D activities.
PUBLICATION AND COMMUNICATION:
Develop and implement the strategies for global beef and/or dairy related publications, veterinary communications and scientific symposia, to enhance and promote optimal product penetration in the market. Help review and prepare internal and external communication from technical and veterinary audience standpoint.
KEY OPINION LEADER (KOL) MANAGEMENT:
Develop international networks of Veterinary and technical KOLs and lead international advisory panels to ensure Elanco’s leading role and credibility in the scientific community, and to identify scientific trends and ensure a continuous flow of information and innovative ideas into the organization. Maintain continuous professional relations with top level global KOLs and organizes and leads Elanco professional involvement with international veterinary congresses, allied veterinary organizations and scientific publications.
MARKETING AND VETERINARY INPUT IN R&D and BD PROJECTS
Define the customer needs and steer the projects into marketable veterinary products. Give input to the business case and define the target product profile. Membership of the selected R&D and BD project teams is required to fulfill this role.
TECHNICAL TRAINING AND VETERINARY SUPPORT
Develop and establish technical training for the global beef and/or dairy business that improve competences and provide technical guidance with defined countries. Adapt strategies to reflect regional and local differences. Manage cross functional teams responsible for strategic insights and feedback on tactical components of the beef and/or dairy plans within the Marketing and Sales organization.
Provide veterinary input and (co-)develop global marketing tools (e.g. services, global detailers, advertising, PR and promotional activities etc.) connected to the beef and/or dairy strategy and brand plans and ensure global implementation and use. Facilitate inter country exchange of best practice
SCIENTIFIC AND VETERINARY MANAGEMENT OF COLLABORATION WITH BEEF AND/OR DAIRY INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Develop and manage veterinary collaboration with strategic partners in the beef and/or dairy industry and other 3rd party collaborations.
LIFE CYCLE MANAGEMENT:
Provide technical and customer insights to the Life Cycle Management planning for the beef and/or dairy brand(s) and segments assessing line extensions (e.g. NME’S ,small and large line extensions) to maximize brand life. Input into new product development strategies via interaction with the strategic marketer and country marketing to renew brand(s) landscape. Provide input for business development and alliance projects.
Identify and assist with evaluation of new opportunities and promising technologies in the beef and dairy field globally, to support the Species and Category Leads, R&D and BD in realizing innovation to enhance the portfolio, through contact and activities with the scientific community and Universities and ongoing benchmarking of new trends and information. Identify, evaluate and manage the acquisition opportunities of marketable products in combination with Strategic Marketing, and BD.
- Veterinary (e.g. DVM, VMD, etc.) or relevant graduate degree (e.g. PhD Animal Science) required.
- Deep understanding of the veterinary practice (practical experience) and profession is required to bring the customer insights into the organization and translate the value of Elanco back to the customer needs.
- Fluent in English is required.
- Understanding the latest science and being able to draw valid conclusions from scientific information and translate this into practical applications.
- Knowledge of regulations affecting the use and promotion of animal health products in global markets is required.
Additional Skills /Preferences
- Strong communications skills and strong capability to network with external stakeholders.
- Must be able to overcome complexity in the working environment and deliver results.
- Entrepreneurship and business acumen to drive medium- and long-term direction.
- Must have experience in the Animal Health Industry preferably in global technical marketing in a strong international multicultural environment.
- Existing strong Global KOL network
- Field/Remote = work is in the field interacting with customers.
- International travel required with 30% – 50% of time (COVID restrictions potentially limiting)
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status