Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 21,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Global BU FP&A Director. This individual will be responsible for monitoring financial performance while also influencing the strategic direction of the business with active engagement with Crop Protection Business Unit (BU) Executive Vice President and VP, Finance along with Functional and Regional Leaders.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Provide financial and strategic decision support to the BU and Global Portfolios to ensure achievement of short-term and long-term financial goals.
- Facilitate the understanding of key business dynamics including strategic choices, margin improvements, pricing, and business analysis.
- Realize financial opportunities regarding P&L management throughout the organization while driving financial best practices.
- Leads BU annual plan, forecast process, and management reporting/financial close activities, including coordination and build-out of management reporting presentation (e.g. QMR, Investor Relations support, etc.).
- Creates, updates, and maintains BU financial models and details forecasts.
- Leverages detailed reporting, including financial bridges to support variance analysis.
- Provides tracking, reporting and coordination of key strategic initiative to drive growth, innovation, and execution.
- Partners with Regional finance teams to develop standard analytics and share best practices across the BU.
- Provides strategic direction to Portfolio Finance Leads to ensure rigor in financial processes and analysis, including white papers, long-term planning and investment decisions (e.g. new product launch business cases).
- Leads an overall team of 6 including BU FP&A Analysts and Global Portfolio Finance Leads.
Background and Experience – What you’ll bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent is required. Master’s degree would be preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ corporate and/or business-level financial experience. Larger corporate environment is preferrable.
- 5 years of leadership/management experience, having had several direct reports for that period of time.
Collaboration and Influence
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across audiences and stakeholders at all levels within the organization; excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute and delegate work with speed and agility to meet defined objectives.
- Ability to deliver on day-to-day factors while also continually analyzing and acting upon variables that influence long-term success.
- Understanding of how personal style impacts others and ability to adjust appropriately to enhance effectiveness.
- Ability to establish trust and drive engagement across team members; strong aptitude for developing colleagues and fostering a growth mindset.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.