WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.
Conduct seed testing in the germination lab to ensure all data is collected and analyzed using established testing procedures and ensures provided material is the highest quality.
- Prepare seed samples for various seed testing methods.
- Conduct germination, vigor, bioassay, and various other seed tests on multiple crops.
- Perform lab scale seed sizing and analysis.
- Perform GMO trait verification analysis on corn seed and leaf tissue.
- Assist in duties necessary to maintain lab throughput.
- Train seasonal staff in routine lab functions.
- Analyze data from various tests and trouble shoot problems.
- Ability to operate data management systems.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Maintain a safe working environment, including using proper PPE, filing near-miss reports as needed and encouraging others to follow safe practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in a science-based discipline preferred
- One or more (1+) years working in a laboratory environment
- Certified Varietal Technologist (CVT) or Registered Seed Technologist (RST) accreditation from the Society of Commercial Seed Technologists is a plus
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and customer focused
- Knowledge in science and/or agriculture
- Must be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to stay organized and to follow through on assigned work
- Ability to work both independently and work as part of a team
- Ability to manage heavy workloads under tight deadlines on a seasonal basis
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and ability to learn internal systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to determine shades of color and differences in size and shapes
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR requirements