Are you passionate about science? Do you have previous experience with scaffolds, tissue engineering, biomaterials or nanofibers? Do you want to make an impact in the world? We have something for you!
Gelatex Technologies is an innovative materials technology company operating in the field of nanofibers. In autumn 2019 we participated at The Heritage Group accelerator powered by Techstars in Indianapolis. We are developing and producing nanofibrous materials for applications such as scaffolds for cell-cultured meat, tissue engineering, medical applications, energy storage or filtration. Our customers include startups, universities and big corporations. Our patent-pending technology enables affordable large-scale production of bio-based nanofibers for applications where the use of nanofibers was not possible earlier due to high prices. We are the catalysts of many sustainability and health related industries.
Founded in 2016 and pivoted completely in 2020, we are a small fast-growing team about to close our seed round. We are aiming to expand our team to 10 people by the end of this year and double it by end of 2022. By joining us now, you will have an opportunity to be part of the first team members and set a base for the success of the company.
We are looking for a Senior Scientist who is passionate about new materials or tissue engineering and would take Gelatex product development to next level. You will be in charge of our own product developments and also generate ideas for development projects of our customers. You will work closely with the rest of the team to help to bring Gelatex nanofibrous materials to a wider audience.
What you’ll be doing:
● You will make research and develop the strategy for the further development of Gelatex nanofibrous scaffolds for cultured meat and tissue engineering.
● You will have technical meetings with customers from various sectors to analyze their needs, explain to them our capabilities and keep eye on customer projects.
● You will generate ideas and give input for product testings.
● You will write or manage the writing of new patents or white papers.
● You will prepare and manage applications to development grants.
● You will participate in technical industry conferences.
What skills you’ll need:
● PhD or MSc in materials science, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or similar field.
● Previous work experience with scaffolds for tissue engineering, biomaterials and/or nanofibrous materials is beneficial (but not mandatory).
● An innovative and pragmatic mindset, with excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
● Proven project and team management skills.
● Excellent administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent English language both writing and speaking.
Why you’ll love this job:
● You’ll contribute to making the life of many people healthier and more sustainable worldwide.
● You will work on hot topics such as cell-cultured meat, novel wound care materials or bio-based filtration materials.
● You’ll have an opportunity to work with industry experts internationally from many different industries.
● You’ll have lots of independence but also lots of responsibility as one of the first members of a growing passionate team.
● You’ll have flexibility in your work and opportunities for professional growth.
● You’ll have a competitive salary depending on experience, and the possibility for stock options.
Starting date in 1-4 months based on mutual agreement.
Sounds like you?
Please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 31.05.21 but interviews will be done on an ongoing basis, so apply soon.