Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.Corteva™ Agriscience™ has the responsibility to develop new active ingredients and new formulated products that are competitive with the current and future market conditions. The individual in the Formulation Chemist position will create and develop novel formulations and delivery systems for new and existing Corteva active ingredients. The individual will collaborate with other functions in Corteva R&D to explore, test in proof of concept, and reduce to practice novel delivery concepts, and advance successful technologies and product concepts through stage-gate pipeline to business case and commercialization. The individual will also provide SME (subject matter expertise) and support necessary in technology transfer, product registration, and process scale up for these concepts. This individual should be skilled in the conception and development of formulations for the agricultural, pharmaceutical, personal care or related industries.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Exploration, proof of concept, and development of novel formulation and delivery system technologies and concepts for new and registered active ingredients
- Collaboration with other functions across the company to deliver maximum success, such as analytical R&D, process development, application technology, biology, regulatory, operations and commercial teams
- Collaboration with external companies or universities to evaluate novel and promising technologies for Ag applications
- Staying abreast of new discoveries and technologies in the area of formulation and delivery system technologies
- Intellectual property (IP) capture and research report writing and presentation
- Compliance with laboratory safety procedures
Other responsibilities include:
- Under minimal guidance of senior colleagues, develops hypotheses, plans and executes effective experiments, generates reproducible data, interprets results, and modifies hypotheses appropriately.
- Leads the investigation of product quality concerns / issues and trouble-shooting of product quality issues at plant level, conducts rework evaluations and provides recommendations to the plant.
- Consistently applies sound scientific methods to solve technical problems.
- Qualifies new active ingredient and raw material sources and supports shelf life date extensions for existing products.
- Develops understanding of customer needs through discussion with sales and marketing groups and works towards meeting the needs.
- Develops an understanding of competitors and key competitive technologies. Uses knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products to identify opportunities for competitive product positioning
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Demonstrated competence in the area of formulation technology (including colloids, interfacial phenomena, rheology, solids processing etc.).
Prior experience in research or manufacturing/engineering.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, regulatory, product stewards, etc) from multiple backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to persuade/influence others of the value of Corteva technology. Ability to clearly articulate the value of technology when talking with customers.
- Working knowledge of formulation design & development and product registration process.
- Bachelors /Masters/PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related fields
- PhD. with a minimum 3 years related experience
- Master/Bachelor with a minimum 5 years related experience
- Extensive experience with the design and development of agriculture formulation is highly desirable
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
– Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
– Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
– Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
– And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.