At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has the responsibility to develop new active ingredients and new formulated products that are competitive with the current and future market conditions. The individual in the Formulation Scientist position will create and develop novel formulations and delivery systems for new and existing agricultural active ingredients. The individual will collaborate with other functions in Corteva R&D to explore, test in proof of concept, and reduce to practice novel delivery concepts, and advance successful technologies and product concepts through stage-gate pipeline to business case and commercialization. The individual will also provide SME (subject matter expertise) and support necessary in technology transfer, product registration, and process scale up for these concepts. This individual should be skilled in the conception and development of formulations for the agricultural or in other related industries such as pharmaceutical, personal care, etc.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Exploration, proof of concept, and development of novel formulation and delivery system technologies and concepts for new and registered agricultural active ingredients
- Collaboration with other functions across the company to deliver maximum success, such as analytical, process development, application technology, biology, regulatory, operations and commercial teams
- Collaboration with external companies or universities to evaluate novel and promising technologies for Ag applications
- Staying abreast of new discoveries and technologies in the area of formulation and delivery system technologies
- Intellectual property (IP) capture and research report writing and presentation
- Compliance with laboratory safety procedures
Other responsibilities include:
- Working with other colleagues, develops hypotheses, plans, and executes effective experiments, generates reproducible data, interprets results, and modifies hypotheses appropriately.
- Leads the investigation of product quality concerns / issues and troubleshooting of product quality issues at plant level, conducts rework evaluations and provides recommendations to the plant.
- Consistently applies sound scientific methods to solve technical problems.
- Qualifies new active ingredient and raw material sources and supports shelf-life date extensions for existing products.
- Develops understanding of customer needs through discussion with sales and marketing groups and works towards meeting the needs.
- Develops an understanding of competitors and key competitive technologies. Uses knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of competitive products to identify opportunities for competitive product positioning
Requirements – What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Demonstrated competence in the area of formulation technology (including colloids, interfacial phenomena, rheology, solids processing etc.).
- Prior experience in research or manufacturing/engineering is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to successfully partner with team members and stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, regulatory, product stewards, etc.) from multiple backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to persuade/influence others of the value of Corteva technology. Ability to clearly articulate the value of technology when talking with stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of formulation design & development and product registration process.
- Prior experience in agricultural formulations is desirable
- BS/MS/PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related fields
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.