PROVIDE LEADERSHIP AND ENSURE COMPLIANCE FOR FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY ASSURANCE RECORDS AND DOCUMENTATION AND PROVIDE TECHNICAL EXPERTISE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF FOOD SAFETY AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS IN THE NORTH AMERICAN REGION
• Develop and maintain a library of customer Statements for all NA sites, in conjunction with Regional Quality manager, facility Quality manager and Wilton Legal (as necessary) and standardize as much as possible.
• Transmit standard Statements and completed questionnaires (after review by QA manager) to customers.
• Receive starting materials nonconformance reports from facility QA and enter into the ISN Procurement database to be used for Supplier scorecards. (Food safety/quality and other nonconformance incidents such as late arrival or failed arrival, wrong item, damaged in transit, etc.)
• Coordinate creation and approval process for Starting Materials specifications and maintain on regional SharePoint libraries
• Work with Procurement to review submitted Supplier Approval documents and maintain document library for Supplier qualifications and maintain list of approved suppliers.
• Review new or revised Supplier material specifications and maintain documents on Supplier Qualification SharePoint library.
• Create and maintain animal feed labels according to AAFCO and state regulations. Coordinate implementation with LDC IT/CompuWeigh and KSC Tax.
• Work with Wilton Legal to keep regulatory registrations relative to food safety updated and renewed (FDA Facility Registrations, South Korea, etc.).
• Perform final Corporate review of Customer Specification reviews after Commercial and Facility reviews are completed.
• Review Facility Trial Protocols and Costs Analyses for accuracy, completeness, and justification for the trial.
• Monitor pest control services and contracts at the facilities.
• Serve as an information resource on LIMS software.
• Liaise with LDC Commercial team(s) and customer procurement and quality staff for audit questions, documentation concerns, and product approval process questions.
• Review third-party supplier documents and approve products for resale and/or conduct on-site audits of third-party facilities.