Position Brand Description: Provide high quality, food safety oriented technical support to poultry processors, integrators, industry influencers and industry organizations.
- Engage with Sales and Technical teams to provide strategic support and direction to build robust account plans relative to Food Safety portfolio and value creation for customers.
- Collaborate directly with Industry KOL’s and customers to help trouble shoot and problem solve in an effort to improve food safety outcomes and assert Elanco as industry leader in Live Food Safety control.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of Elanco’s food safety advisory board and on-going collaboration.
- Represent Elanco at Industry scientific forums and aid in the preparation of technical information for industry engagement.
- Collaborate with Elanco R&D and New Products Planning teams to ensure we have efforts focused on the proper initiatives and targets.
- Collaborate with key industry organizations such as NTF, US Egg and Poultry, Poultry Federation, NCC to represent Elanco’s food safety interests.
- Assist Elanco and Elanco customers in making the link between live production food safety practices and improved food safety outcomes at the processing plant.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- 5+ years of applied experience in live production, poultry processing or food safety program development.
- M.S. Degree with industry experience and preference of a Phd and/or DVM.
- Broad understanding of processing plant and live production food safety products and programs.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Poultry processing plant experience
- Experience in developing food safety programs within the poultry industry.
- Existing network of food safety industry professionals
- Technical Writing Skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Understanding of live production food safety and health practices in poultry segments
- Practical experience with HACCP, and USDA regulatory programs
- Field based position
- Routine domestic travel (USA) is required; rare international travel
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status