Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 22,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst/Royalty Analyst in our Controllership organization.
This position will work with the Royalty & Contract COE Manager in establishing a reporting, recording, and records management environment which adapts and supports royalties and licensing as it becomes an increasing part of the Company’s portfolio and growth strategy. Responsibilities will involve the intellectual property of several Corteva entities including Dow AgroSciences, Agrigenetics, PhytoGen, Pioneer, and newly acquired entities which have customers and vendors around the globe. Implementation of processes and tools must focus on using sustainable, repeatable, and efficient methods while ensuring internal control standards are met.
The incumbent will also be responsible for day to day activities for these entities which includes ensuring all license contracts are properly recorded, working with legal to ensure the license database is up to date and reflects all contractual data, management of customer/vendor codes, management of cost centers, income and expense management, and performance of financial transactions including tax and currency components. Incumbent will interact with global customers/vendors in executing duties, as well as internal Licensing Managers, Global Business Leaders, and Financial Business Analysts.
Responsibilities – How will you help us grow?
- Interpretation of key aspects of license agreements for proper accounting and analysis.
- Effective communication with business partners to ensure accuracy and completeness of database and tools supporting royalty rates and final reporting of revenue or expense.
- Improve current royalty calculation process through use of new tools or adaptation of current tools to reduce manual intervention and rework, as well as, increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Create documentation to support royalty processes including flow charts, decision trees, and RACI charts to better pinpoint areas for improvement and leveraging of multiple heritage processes and resources.
- Account reconciliation of royalty related general ledger accounts.
- Calculate and book royalty accruals related to expense or income during monthly close.
- Complete royalty reporting required by third party vendors throughout the year to ensure proper royalty reporting. Including assisting in 3rd party audits by providing supporting documents and any analysis required.
- Track and analyze royalty payments/invoices made by quarter/season.
- Assist in preparation of reports and analysis for quarterly 10-K report.
- Develop a working knowledge of SAP systems, Analytics for Office, Microsoft Power Automate and other tools.
- Perform detailed analysis of data through the use of Excel v-lookups and pivot table functionality.
- Prepare and run macro Excel scripts on a monthly basis.
Requirements – What you’ll bring to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant Business discipline is required; technical coursework and a demonstrated technical aptitude.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a corporate accounting role would be preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, process improvement and problem solving skills.
- Strong technology skills using: Access, Excel, Sharepoint and End user reporting tools.
- Quick learner and adapter.
- Highly efficient, organized and ability for multiple tasking.
- Strong work ethic.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated.