Finance Manager – Corporate Accounting
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 20,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager in Corporate Accounting to join our team at Corteva. In this position you will:
- Analyze and resolve complex accounting and reporting issues, including interpreting external technical accounting proposals and pronouncements.
- Assist in directing company implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements.
- Act as resource to business, function and corporate initiatives as technical accounting expert.
- Identify and initiate process improvement teams for functional productivity.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and internal management reports are consistent with established policies and procedures.
Help us grow what matters! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Point of contact for technical accounting related issues (SEC guidance, FASB Standards, etc.).
- Coordinate the implementation efforts for new accounting standards and participate in the review of proposed standards.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to businesses for complex transactions.
- Provide technical accounting support for transactional due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Interact with controllership and independent public accountants on accounting policy matters.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS Accounting/Finance is required (MBA a plus).
- CPA required.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting.
- Knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- 9+ years of experience with Big 4 or industry related experience in an accounting policy role.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Self-directed and accountable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Works well in teams with an ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at just a few of the advantages to working at Corteva and how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more.
Take the next step to #GrowWhatMatters in your career with Corteva and apply today. We look forward to seeing your application.
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.