Purpose and Scope
This position is designed to provide experience and training through exposure to fixed assets, cash reconciliation, financial analysis and reporting, risk management, investment analysis, tax compliance, as well as other related accounting principles. This objective will be achieved by assisting the Finance Department staff through daily and monthly tasks, as well as assigned projects. Internships available for Summer of 2024.
- Acquire and utilize knowledge of GAAP and federal and state corporate income taxation.
- Participate in an orientation regarding company policies and procedures.
- Review and record financial activities as directed.
- Assist with daily cash management
- Assist with monthly cash reconciliation.
- Participate in fixed asset reporting and tracking, including FAS additions, disposals, depreciation calculations, and reporting.
- Assist in developing financial reporting packages.
- Assist in developing process documentation for various responsibilities related to finance.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closing processes.
- Assist in analysis of financial statements of the corporation to identify improvement opportunities or highlight efficiencies.
- Participate in operational and financial modeling of corporate activities to project impact.
- Identify and analyze areas of potential risk to the assets, earning capacity, or success of organizations.
- Review Federal and multi-state tax returns for various corporate entities.
- Participate in researching tax issues using online tax research services and other resources.
- Complete projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
1. Education and Training:
- Completion of sophomore year of college.
- Focus of study in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record as determined by Beck’s automobile insurance policy.
2. Technical Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work independently or within a team setting in order to meet project objectives.
- Basic computer and current software skills.
- Farm background helpful.