Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and ten platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 17,000 people globally.
The Regenerative Ag Field Specialist is responsible for training & implementation of LDC Regen Ag Campaigns with Growers & Ag Supply Chain Partners who are looking to take their farming operation to the next level with technology-enabled farm management solutions. The field specialist should excel at establishing valued partnerships with progressive growers that are based on an in-depth understanding of their current and aspirational farm business, strong agronomic knowledge and a solid understanding of LDC’s business. The field specialist must also be able to effectively communicate and manage relationships with Ag Supply Chain Partners with an emphasis on Regen Ag.
This position is located in Claypool, IN and will require travel between this location and Grand Junction, IA.
Although the majority of your day to day responsibilities will require that you are a self starter and can work autonomously, you are an integral member of a Regen Ag business team as the subject matter expert on our LDC Field Programs and Offers. You will also be an active participant on the broader LDC team where you will collectively strategize ways to leverage our LDC Regen Ag program and associated offers, and help the team stay current on trends in the Regen Ag arena.
• Serve as LDC field expert within assigned geography and projects
• Provide training, campaign planning, and technical support to enrolled growers, channel partners and key internal stakeholders on all LDC Regen Ag Programs and offers
- Lead Regen Ag Program Kickoff, Recruitment & Grower Workshop Meetings
- Assist in grower data collection and quality assurance as needed
- Lead Project Meetings with stakeholders supporting LDC Programs
• Identify additional opportunities to grow revenue and share in markets
• In partnership with the LDC community, develop unique offers to leverage LDC programs within the broader commercial offerings
• Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights; articulate new and innovative ideas and strategy recommendations based on grower needs
• Understand local farm production practices, inform new value propositions, and manage grower engagement
• Work in collaboration with LDC teams to achieve Regen Ag goals to integrate within the Business
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Genuinely enjoys working with farmers and is able to build trusted relationships with their customers.
- Technology savvy with ability to implement, train, and assist growers with farm level data collection and adaptable across various Regen Ag software Platforms
• Is passionate about farm improvements enabled by best management practices and other farm management solutions
• Works effectively independently and within a team setting
• Demonstrates excellent communication & negotiation skills
• Exhibits patience and diplomacy and enjoys helping, teaching and leading others
• Understands the complexities of farming and can identify a grower’s challenges and opportunities
• Has exceptional time and priority management skills and is able to work in a self-managed way
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in agricultural-related field
• 3+ years experience in ag sales or grower facing role
• Aptitude for information technology (both hardware and software)
• Knowledge of Sustainability
• Agronomic knowledge of the crops grown within assigned geographies
• Understanding of market dynamics within the regions (Growers, Distributors, Processor, Retailers, CPGs, & Competitors)
• Travel Requirements ~50%
• All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
What We Offer
We provide a dynamic and stimulating international environment, which will stretch and develop your abilities and channel your skills and expertise with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
– Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and vision care coverage, flexible spending account plans, employee assistance program, life insurance and disability coverage
– 401k with Company Match
– Family Friendly Benefits including childbirth and parental leave, fertility and family building benefits
– Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
– Hybrid work available (not applicable to all roles)
Diversity & Inclusion
LDC is driven by a set of shared values and high ethical standards, with diversity and inclusion being part of our DNA. LDC is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion.
LDC encourages diversity, supports local communities and environmental initiatives. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Equal employment opportunity (EEO)
Louis Dreyfus Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Sustainable value is at the heart of our purpose as a company.
We are passionate about creating fair and sustainable value, both for our business and for other value chain stakeholders: our people, our business partners, the communities we touch and the environment around us