Advanced Agrilytics is seeking summer interns in the agronomy field to assist with summer on-farm scouting in the corn belt for the summer of 2024. Interns will engage in a variety of activities, depending on their area of primary interest. All interns will gain experience in general agronomy, plant pathology, entomology, weed science, leadership, data collection and evaluation, and grower relationship management.
Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomy services company focused on unlocking the potential of every acre through direct-to-farm agronomic guidance, unbiased spatial research and sub-acre environment understanding, delivering on the promise of precision agriculture.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Scout grower acres, in a variety of different areas and environments
- Assist in providing scouting reports for the grower customers at the direction of the Precision Agronomist and/or Lead Agronomist
- Participate in soil sample collection efforts as needed
- Assist in implementation of various research efforts across our grower acres. Examples include but are not limited to our hybrid trial implementation and various planter applied biological or starter fertilizer trials
- Willing to work with others on a team and independently
- Effectively communicate with growers, agronomists, and other full-time employees
- All interns will take ownership of a Special Project of personal interest and follow their chosen research topic throughout the internship program
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Agriculture or Science degree track preferred
- Willingness and ability to work under on-farm conditions
- Understanding of current farming practices is of benefit
- Must be task/project driven and able to work independently
- Must exhibit a growth mindset and a desire for continuous learning
Additional Job Information:
- Positions are available throughout much of the corn belt (IN, IL, IA). Housing will be provided for those that are willing to relocate. In general, interns will be expected to work 40 hours/week. At times, hours more than 40 will be required and will be approved in advance by the supervisor. This position includes day travel as a team, and a small number of overnight events.
- When travel is required, all expenses will be reimbursed as approved in advance by the supervisor.