Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking Crop Protection Discovery and Development (CPDD) Field Sciences Interns to participate in a 3-month internship! Corteva sponsors a variety of internships in agricultural research across many field research locations in North America. These research locations conduct trait development, crop protection product characterization, and plant breeding research activities. As a CPDD Field Sciences Intern at one of our research locations you will have the opportunity to obtain diverse experiences across these functions responsible for product development.
Position duration is May to August 2022.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do:
- You will work as part of a team in one or more of the following research areas: field plot management, precision phenotyping tasks associated with trait/product development, crop protection product characterization, digital ag, and/or plant breeding projects.
- You will assist Field Scientists located at one of our research locations in the assigned geographic region, either at a dedicated research center or in a virtual environment.
- You will also manage your own research project with the expectation of a verbal report to the larger intern group found throughout the United States.
- Intern positions provide excellent experience that can be applied to full time positions in the industry, or in preparation for additional graduate level training in the plant sciences.
Qualifications – What You’ll Bring:
- Priority will be given to students that are at least current sophomores at an accredited university. Interns can be undergraduate or graduate students.
- Education focus in Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Genetics, Biology, Horticulture, Entomology, Weed Science, or a related field
- Agricultural background beneficial
- Preference will be given to student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship