Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Field Research Intern to participate in a 3-month internship designed to give broad based exposure on the day-to-day activities of a multi-crop, multi-function facility. The Windfall Research Center works with corn, soy, and wheat to support many of Corteva’s research and development activities. Sharing resources across these groups facilitates more efficient integrated product development.
Position duration is May to August 2024.
Responsibilities – WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Interns in the program will be expected to participate in all aspects of the research center’s activities. In addition, each intern will be expected to conduct a small research project that they will present after the internship.
Our interns will gain experience with field plot research, planting, plot establishment and maintenance, pollinating, harvesting, data collection of traits important to research efforts and processing and analyzing samples.
A key component of the position will be the collection of high-quality data on specific traits of economic importance. The individual will be expected to travel to other locations as part of the data collection process. As part of the program, our interns will be expected to lead groups to complete required tasks.
Qualifications – WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
· At least a current sophomore at an accredited university
· Education focus in Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Genetics, Biology or a related field
· Agricultural background beneficial
· Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
· Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship
· A fast learner, with a high aptitude for precision and accuracy
· Must be highly motivated and well suited for work in both team-orientated and independent situation