With over 30 years of experience in the crop protection industry, Eurofins Agroscience Services offers outstanding technical knowledge and project management skills. By acquiring a carefully selected range of CRO’s, Eurofins Agroscience Services has created a unique portfolio of expertise that provides analytical, regulatory, and field support to plant breeders, agrochemical, biopesticide, biocide, and fine chemical manufacturers.
Eurofins Agroscience Services is searching for a Field Research Agronomist to work in Lafayette, IN.
Field Research Agronomist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield, and solving problems for clients.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
- Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant sourcing, testing, and selection.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Working with teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Developing planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Is likely to work on several projects concurrently.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or other directly related field or degree with comparable coursework in the above areas and a minimum of fifteen years of experience in a directly relevant setting.
- In rare cases, comparable demonstrated competence and experience in the relevant area may be used to substitute in total or in part for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior field work required including the ability to run farm equipment.
- Familiarity and/or experience in a laboratory setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of agricultural and related laboratory practices, plant life and development, and farming operations
- Basic knowledge of scientific discipline; basic relevant technical skills; ability to read and understand protocols, SOPs, and technical guidelines. Compliance with regulatory guidelines and company SOPs (CGMP, GLP) is required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel
- Ability to work outside standard business hours, according to team/business workloads
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lafayette, IN are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.