- Handles property claims and interacts with customers that are filing these claims.
- Researches and applies knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, statutes, and insurance regulations.
- Completes all aspects from investigation through settlement of property claims.
- Monitors and adjusts reserves appropriately.
- Discusses potential serious losses with Claims management.
- Trains other claims representatives.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to acquire HAAG Wind & Hail Residential Roofing, IICRC, and Commercial Drone Pilot license.
- 3 years of experience in the insurance industry, an equivalent in the contractor sector, or relevant public social work experience.
- Knowledge of evaluation and negotiation of Property claims with exposure to working with the public, attorneys, and professionals in the Insurance Industry and resolving conflicts and completing assignments under limited direction.
- Knowledge of the building repair industry and computer estimating systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet established, as well as unexpected deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain an educational program and stay current with the insurance and repair industries.
- Attentive and active listening skills. Must have patience to hear people out and accurately restate what was discussed.
- Ability to monitor, travel, and work after business hours and weekends for severe first notice of loss.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use technology and business tools required for the position.