Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Field Agronomist serving the Fargo, North Dakota area. If you have a passion for helping customers be successful, this is a great opportunity for you!
Target field activities to key accounts to build relationships and drive sales of Pioneer® brand products. Develop and provide agronomic and product education and training to the field sales force that supports the sales and service of Pioneer products. Work with the Technical Product Manager and Agronomy Research Manager to plan and conduct Commercial Unit, and Regional agronomy field trials that improve the product management and/or product positioning of Pioneer seed products. Partner with Product Agronomists, Territory Managers, Strategic Account Managers and Sales Reps to create and deliver product and digital services information which improves the productivity and profitability of Pioneer customers. Serve as primary agronomic resource to Territory managers to resolve difficult customer concerns.
- Work directly with key accounts to apply agronomy information and product management knowledge to deliver Pioneer brand value and drive sales with targeted accounts.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of product management information to assigned territories that differentiates Pioneer seed products and drives sales.
- Assist in resolving customer service calls involving product performance and/or agronomic issues when unable to be resolved by Seller.
- Provide input on sales team performance, selection and evaluation to the District Lead when requested.
- Support product life cycle management in assigned area
- Provide structured product management training to sellers that enables them to improve Pioneer seed experience with growers.
- Coach field sales employees on customer service call best practices.
- Provide timely agronomic information to the field sales team to support the sales effort.
- Provide agronomic content for technical and marketing communications for both internal and external audiences (Walking Your Fields, Field Facts and Crop Focus, web, mobile, etc)
- Collaborate with Agronomy Research Manager and Technical Product Manager to coordinate and execute agronomy trials that can be used to support product management, product positioning, and field sales training.
- Coordinate information/notes and observations related to the performance and management of Pioneer brand seed products including Product Knowledge Plot (PKP) programs
- Support the use of digital agronomy tools with field team
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent is preferred.
- Five+ years of agronomy or similar experience and proven abilities
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, and influence
- Agronomy and crop production practices preferred
- Ability to pass driving record background check
Corteva Agriscience offers a very comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 100% 401k company match
- 4 weeks paid time-off to start
- 9 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – varied mix of working from home office and spending time out in the field
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!