Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Are you an experienced Fermentation Scientist ready to grow your career and take on a new challenge? If so, the Fermentation Research Team Leader position in our Bioprocess Science and Technology (BPS&T) team may be the perfect opportunity.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide technical and administrative leadership across our Fundamental Fermentation Science (FFS) and Fermentation Research Group (FRG) laboratories and programs. By working with senior technical staff, you will establish and implement technical strategies and plans to achieve both short- and long-term fermentation goals. You will also be responsible for supporting the development of staff and establishing succession plans to ensure staffing continuity. Close collaboration with other team leaders, both within and beyond BPS&T, is essential to ensure improvements are quickly scaled into manufacturing. The incumbent will be a member of the BPS&T Leadership Team (BPS&TLT) and People Success Team (PST) supporting the overall strategy and people development for the department.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide effective people leadership across multiple labs and projects. Facilitate people leadership processes: Employee development plans, performance reviews, performance management, promotions.
- Maintain scientific accountability for all work within the platform, ensuring robust experimentation, thorough and timely data analyses and sound conclusions from experimental work.
- Provide from-the-bench technical and scientific leadership across all areas of the Platform technologies.
- Coach and mentor staff to ensure continued development and career planning.
- Set responsibilities, monitor performance and identify accomplishments for all staff.
- Establish succession plans and multi-generational technical plans for the team, aligned with business goals and R&D strategy and goals.
- Serve as a member on the BPS&T Leadership Team (BPS&TLT) and the People Success Team (PST).
- Accountable for lab safety and staff training. Ensure effective safety training processes are in place and that the safety culture continuously improves.
- Collaborate with BPS&T and Biologicals and Natural Products (B&NP) group Program Leaders to ensure efficient, timely, high quality and scientifically sound progression of microbial strains and fermentation processes.
- Develop optimized workflows to increase efficiency and quality, and ensure seamless integration with other fermentation platforms. Ensure predictability of the platform with manufacturing sites.
- Monitor technical developments across industry (literature, meetings, correspondences); identify innovative opportunities to advance platform technologies; and implement improvements.
- Identify and lead collaborations to drive technology development for continued platform success.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific discipline: Biology, Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry.
- Minimum of 2 years of fermentation experience.
- Experience leading projects successfully.
We care about you and we care that you’re comfortable. While there’s no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™ serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.